North Korean War talk continues to cast a shadow for some investors, see that report from yesterday, linked here. But some insiders say that Kim Jung un isn’t about to blow his billionaire lifestyle by actually doing what he threatens. Time will tell.
Meanwhile, White House press memos to MHProNews seem to be pushing back on the widely reported notion that ‘there are no good options’ on North Korea. Public statements and tweets by the president suggest he and the U.S. military are “locked and loaded,” the kind of lingo no Democratic or Republican president has used since the mid-1990s regarding the DPRK (Democratic Republic of Korea, a.k.a. the north).
But that’s not our featured report for today. RHP’s new buys are.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall market stocks.
Part of this unique feature spotlights headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- 4 ways China could hurt North Korea’s economy
- Coal company yanks IPO, blaming ‘market conditions’
- Signs of fear creep back on Wall Street
- Franken, Sanders and Warren rule Senate bookstakes
- Wells Fargo accused of ripping off mom-and-pop shops
- Lottery players double down on two big jackpots
- Is OPEC’s plan to curb supply falling apart?
- Wall Street bank bans some Venezuelan bonds
- JCPenney nosedives to all-time low on big loss
- Deadline to finalize 2018 Obamacare premiums changed
- Google wrestles with aftermath from controversial memo
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Trump: Kim Jung Un ‘will regret it fast’ if he attacks Guam, US allies
- Amid nuclear standoff, frozen North Korea debt untradeable due to sanctions
- Wall St rises on inflation data but on track for weekly losses
- Oil prices slip as IEA sees slow market rebalancing
- Debt Ceiling Solutions: Democrats & Republicans could come together
- McDonald’s CEO: Human workers can’t compete with robot replacements
- Cowboys’ Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games without pay, NFL says
- DNC member wants Debbie Wasserman Schultz out
- Mattis taps Silicon Valley talent for innovative defense solutions
- Applebee’s closing 135 restaurants
- NHL condemns Texas bathroom bill, could move 2018 draft from Dallas
- Bomb shelter business booming, thanks to North Korea, Trump
- Here are the best and worst reasons to quit your job
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,441.32 +3.11 (+0.13%)
Dow 30 21,858.32 +14.31 (+0.07%)
Nasdaq 6,256.56 +39.68 (+0.64%)
Crude Oil 48.80 +0.21 (+0.43%)
Gold 1,296.80 +6.70 (+0.52%)
Silver 17.11 +0.05 (+0.26%)
EUR/USD 1.1824 +0.0052 (+0.44%)
10-Yr Bond 2.189 -0.023 (-1.04%)
Russell 2000 1,374.23 +1.69 (+0.12%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
Skyline and Nobility rose today, as did some MHCs and suppliers. Markets where mixed, with many observers believing that “war talk” about North Korea is a driver for uncertainty. To see more on that topic, see our report – linked here.
It has two videos, one is an insightful surprise.
For all the scores and highlights on tracked stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
RHP Closes on 2 More Manufactured Home Communities
The RE Journals provided a succinct report on RHP’s purchase of 2 additional manufactured home communities in the Detroit metro area. See the map below which drop’s the marker on Sherwood Village, the larger of the two properties.
To their credit, the RE Journals didn’t use the T word or the ‘park’ word. However, for the sake of investors who want to learn the proper lingo, “manufactured home communities” is preferred to “manufactured housing” communities.
Here are the key snippets from their report, with the graphic credits as show.
“RHP Properties recently acquired two communities in Canton Township, Michigan, bringing the company’s total of manufactured home communities to 225 across the nation.
RHP Properties acquired the 365-site Sherwood Village Manufactured Home Community and the 51-site Glen Ridge community, both all-age communities. This 416-site portfolio is located 20 minutes from downtown Detroit and a 10-minute drive to Metro Airport.
With these two acquisitions, RHP Properties now owns and operates 225 manufactured home communities totaling more than 56,997 home sites.”
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Markets Data
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers. LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing, while AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ##
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.