As the Daily Business News has noted previously, the broader economic and political developments routinely impact manufactured housing, and publicly traded stocks. Reports from publicly traded companies often point to broader U.S. economic issues, such as job creation, consumer confidence, or rising wages as factors supporting more sales. So tonight’s focus is on the latest analysis by Moody Analytics on economic projections for the U.S. in Q2.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Justice Department will not seek stay in AT&T-Time Warner case
- Facebook’s top policy and communications exec steps down
- Kentucky sues Walgreens for its role in the opioid crisis
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette fires editorial cartoonist
- Americans are spending like mad again
- Why diapers are in trouble: Americans are having fewer babies
- Tesla Autopilot update aims to keep drivers’ hands on the wheel
- Elon Musk spends his own money to buy Tesla shares, again
- Chicago picks Elon Musk company to build transportation system
- Inside the dismantling of GE
- GE changed our lives. Why is it struggling?
- Apple is starting a music publishing business. Here’s why
- Nintendo’s disappointing E3 announcements send stock plunging
- More black women are running startups, but their funding still lags
- A building in London just sold for $100 million… per floor
- This concrete can trap CO2 emissions forever
- What’s really going on with wages in America
- European Central Bank sets end date for $3 trillion stimulus program
- Fed raises interest rates and signals faster hikes are on the way
- Is the World Cup toxic for advertisers?
- A World Cup in the US is a huge win for Fox
- Apple closes law enforcement loophole for the iPhone
- Volvo is the latest automaker to bet on this 23-year-old’s startup
- 2 popular SUVs fail crash test
- Germany fines Volkswagen $1.2 billion
- Trump blasts OPEC again for high oil prices
- After meeting with North Korean dictator, Trump calls press America’s ‘biggest enemy’
- Rolls-Royce is slashing 4,600 jobs
- GM will soon have a female CFO and CEO. That’s rare
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Major companies have announced big layoffs this month. Here’s a look
- DOJ won’t seek delay as AT&T nears completion of Time Warner takeover
- Etsy stock skyrockets as company hikes full-year expectations
- Mortgage rates near 2018 highs as Fed hikes interest rates
- Nasdaq hits record high, but Dow slips
- Amazon, Microsoft stealing Oracle’s business: JPMorgan
- Domino’s move to fill potholes is pure brilliance, brand experts say
- Insiders say consumers no longer want companies to just sell them products.
- US Open: Tiger Woods, Jordan Spieth among favorites with $12M at stake
- Nintendo COO addresses Sony’s ‘Fortnite’ controversy
- California may adopt ultra-liberal politics if split into three states: Cal 3 spokesperson
- Two massive salmonella outbreaks percolate ahead of summer
- Musk’s Boring Company to build high-speed system in Chicago
- Venezuela’s economic crisis deepens – country considering refining foreign oil
- S. Open: This business generates 8-figures in revenue in just 11 days
- IG report confirms ex-FBI Director Comey’s insubordination
- Sluggish wage growth puzzling, Fed’s Powell says
- College graduates turn basement fun into Montauk Brewing Company
- The 10 largest corporate mergers in U.S. history
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Left of center CNBC tips hat in report on Q2 consensus projections to the Trump Economy
The Daily Business News has been tracking the Trump Economy in a variety of ways, since the decision was known in the wee hours of November 9, 2016.
A popular series of political cartoons was presented at the link below.
But specifically regarding the CNBC report, are the following bullets, graphics and video.
- Trump’s forecast of 4% GDP growth close to coming true as Americans spend tax-bill proceeds
- Surging consumer spending is driving GDP well above prior estimates, and it is now tracking near 4 percent for the second quarter.
- That’s almost double the pace of the first quarter.
- Economists say the consumer is seeing the impact of the tax cuts and is spending, as a result of more disposable income.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.