The Department of Justice’s (DOJ) anti-trust division has the slogan, “Protecting and Promoting Competition.” It sums up why this issue matters to thousands of manufactured home industry professionals, and consumers. Rephrased, this rule could impact every manufactured home industry professional, regardless of what company or organization you are working for today. The update on the anti-trust case will be tonight’s spotlight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The ever evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. It’s an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
It just makes sense. Because like it or not, what moves the markets effects manufactured housing too.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- MoviePass stock is 19 cents. CEO says everything is fine
- Why investors should worry about plunging copper and soybean prices
- Is the binge over for Netflix stock?
- Nike’s digital reboot is working
- US-China trade brawl threatens America’s booming oil exports
- India now has the ‘world’s strongest’ net neutrality rules
- Airlines are starting to worry about rising fuel costs
- Britain wants to do more business with America. Its plan for Brexit won’t help
- Uber saved its London business. Europe may be tougher to crack
- Europe says trade fight with US will hurt economic growth
- The US is fighting one of the world’s poorest countries over trade
- Stitch Fix wants a piece of the kids’ clothing market
- Why perks aren’t the answer to employee retention problems
- The crippling US ban on ZTE is almost over
- Tesla ‘whistleblower’ tells SEC carmaker misled investors and put customers at risk
- Papa John’s chairman resigns after using N-word on conference call
- Robinhood expands crypto offerings
- Comcast outbids Fox in the fight for Sky
- Rupert Murdoch plans new Sky bid
- Buying Fox would make Disney the ‘Walmart of Hollywood’
- Business Insider columnist quits after Scarlett Johansson story deleted
- Disney bets on eSports
- Uber’s HR chief is out after a racial discrimination probe
- The world’s most important business link is at risk
- The US is running out of Chinese exports to tax
- Can kitchen tech reduce excessive food waste?
- Pfizer’s not the only drug company raising prices
- 10 years ago: IndyMac collapses and starts a flood of bank failures
- Germany’s not the only country that still needs cheap Russian gas
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Best and worst states for retirement
- Justice Department to appeal AT&T-Time Warner case
- Stocks rebound after tariff threat sell-off
- Rising oil demand may outstrip supply, boosting economy
- Importers snap up cheap US soybeans as China stops buying
- Why Trump slammed Germany for gas pipeline deal with Russia
- Wealthy investors find lucrative tax loophole
- Netflix tops HBO in Emmy nominations amid spending push
- Forbes faces backlash over dubbing Jenner a ‘self-made’ almost-billionaire
- No more tickets? MLB fans will soon use fingerprints, facial recognition instead
- Papa John’s Chairman Schnatter resigns after using racial slur
- Tesla customers could lose thousands in tax credits next year
- Microsoft may relocate jobs over Trump immigration policy
- Higher living costs outrunning pay hikes
- Monsanto to get flooded with thousands of cancer-related lawsuits
- Why South Dakota is now ranked the best state to retire
- Trump tariffs would do ‘opposite’ of tax cuts, retail experts warn
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
CNBC confirmed today the report broken last night by Fox Business and spotlighted in our topical curation for manufactured housing industry professionals.
- Justice Department authorized the appeal of the Time Warner-AT&T merger
- The AT&T-Time Warner merger was “won approval in June from a federal judge, who did not impose conditions on the merger.”
- The Justice Department argues that the combined company would decrease competition and raise prices for consumers.
- While there are legal authorities on both sides of this issue, there are those who believe that some of the concerns raised in this anti-trust deal, could apply to Clayton Homes, Berkshire Hathaway, and their associated lending units.
The updated video by Fox Business – made available to MHProNews less than an hour ago – is shown below.
The link to yesterday evening’s more detailed report – with links to several related issues and thus potential impacts Berkshire Hathaway, Clayton Homes, et al, is found in the report linked below. Berkshire Hathaway slid a fraction today.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.