In a speech in Ohio, President Donald J. Trump addressed his plans for a massive $1.5 trillion infrastructure overhaul and how he thinks that could further grow the U.S. economy. Construction related stocks rose, and that will be our focus for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News MH connected stock report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
- Microsoft is putting Windows on the back burner
- Here’s why quitting Facebook is so hard
- Amazon is responsible for a huge chunk of the Trump rally
- The mounting infrastructure crisis Washington isn’t fixing fast enough
- Trump vs. Amazon: Let’s set the record straight
- Millennials explain why they have nothing saved for retirement
- Fox News host Laura Ingraham apologizes for mocking David Hogg
- McDonald’s boosts tuition benefits because of the new tax law
- Amal Clooney to represent jailed Reuters journalists
- Back from the brink: Hope grows for NAFTA’s survival
- How DraftKings is prepping for the Supreme Court’s sports betting decision
- Bank will pay billions for allegedly defrauding investors
- Sears is struggling. Its CEO still got a raise
- She wants to bring banking to the unbanked
- Easy ways to boost your credit score
- Is your paycheck being taxed enough?
- Tesla has a problem. Maybe a big problem
- $5 billion deal creates US government debt superstore
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow posts triple-digit gain, buoyed by Trump comments
- Reports show strength in job market, consumer sentiment.
- Construction stocks surge as Trump touts infrastructure
- Sam’s Club canned chicken recalled by manufacturer
- Facebook traffics in personal data: Scott McNealy
- GE: What would a Warren Buffett investment mean?
- Brace for more Tesla headaches: analyst
- College students admit to using their financial aid cash to buy bitcoin
- VW storing about 300,000 diesels at 37 facilities around US
- US jobless claims drop to more than 45-year low
- Snapchat parent Snap to lay off approximately 100 workers
- US consumer confidence rises to highest since 2004
- Facebook privacy: Easy must-do changes to protect your data
- Tax reform windfall: These companies are hiking pay, delivering bonuses
- FirstEnergy plans exit from nuclear power business
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,640.87 +35.87(+1.38%)
Dow 30 24,103.11 +254.69(+1.07%)
Nasdaq 7,063.44 +114.22(+1.64%)
Russell 2000 1,529.42 +16.39(+1.08%)
Crude Oil 64.94 +0.56(+0.87%)
Gold 1,329.60 -0.40(-0.03%)
Silver 16.32 +0.06(+0.38%)
EUR/USD 1.2301 -0.0008(-0.06%)
10-Yr Bond 2.74 -0.03(-1.23%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
‘Going after Amazon’ is a theme that has been in the news since Axios reported yesterday that POTUS Trump is eyeing anti-trust action against them.
But today’s business headlines also included the boost to stocks that President Trump’s address in Ohio gave to the markets, particularly to the construction sector.
Stuart Varney on right-of-center Fox Business spotlighted what they called “The president’s plan calls for $1.5 trillion over the course of the next decade to overhaul the nation’s roads, bridges, airports and even broadband distribution. The funds are expected to result from a combination of public and private assistances, with the federal government contributing around $200 billion. It is largely up to states and localities to work with the private sector to raise the rest of the cash.”
This could boost jobs even further, and thus spell more good news ahead for housing, including the manufactured home sector.
Bloomberg’s closing ticker results tailored for MHProNews
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.