The Gulf Coast thankfully dodged a big bullet just days ago, as a storm heading toward that coast thankfully largely dissipated before it made landfall. Now, it’s Hurricane Florence in the news, and evacuations have been ordered in the Carolinas as the currently Category 4 Hurricane advances. That will be our featured article this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- The stunning end to a historic run for Les Moonves
- Snapchat loses another exec as the stock price plummets
- China’s exports are slowing. The trade war will make things worse
- This robot could clean up your mess
- How to plan for wealth that lasts for generations
- Apple’s iPhone is the stock market’s MVP
- The long-running CBS show is over for its longtime leading man
- Les Moonves is out at CBS after harassment allegations, corporate battle
- Will Les Moonves leave with $0, $120 million, or something in between?
- Moonves says he’s ‘deeply saddened’ after CBS shakeup
- ‘CBS This Morning’ host Norah O’Donnell on sexual misconduct: ‘This has to end’
- Watch: Norah O’Donnell reacts to Moonves exit
- CNN’s Julia Chatterley on emerging markets, trade and her new show
- Wells Fargo’s two-year horror story just won’t end
- Ford tells Trump why it won’t make a China-built car in the US
- Why big food companies are giving money to startups
- Russian trolls may be more excited that the NFL is back than you are
- NFL could pocket billions from coming boom in sports gambling
- Not even The New York Times’ top news editor knows who wrote that op-ed
- NFL kickoff ratings fall again
- Amazon’s cashier-free stores are coming to New York
- Activist investor wants to replace entire Campbell Soup board
- Op-ed fallout: The latest salvo in Trump’s love-hate relationship with the Times
- Tesla in turmoil: Stock plunges after executive shakeup
- Weed, whiskey, Tesla and a flamethrower: Elon Musk meets Joe Rogan
- Deutsche Bank’s top investor is selling out
- Dell, Cisco and others make a last-minute effort to avoid new China tariffs
- Facebook employee with ties to Cambridge Analytica leaves company
- What’s the best place for your money in the next five years?
- The case for and against gender quotas
- Twitter bans Alex Jones and InfoWars
- 20 cities, one year, and no second Amazon headquarters (yet)
- Amazon is 20,000 vans closer to its own delivery fleet
- Pentagon to invest $2 billion in artificial intelligence
- Charlie Rose says accusers are ‘exploiting the #MeToo Movement’
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- CBS ‘absolutely’ liable for Moonves sexual abuse claims: Judge Napolitano
- US stock market higher despite trade concerns
- CBS CEO Moonves to step down immediately
- $3M cattle fraud puts 2 Arizona families on financial brink
- Oil climbs as US drilling stalls, Iranian sanctions bite
- Here’s what economists say about Trump’s economic growth claim
- Employers struggle to fill jobs paying $75,000 a year with benefits, pension
- More companies dropping college degree requirement for new hires
- Millennials are deleting Facebook. Should investors worry?
- IPhones may rise 20%, if Apple gives in to Trump’s pressure
- Why Subway’s $5 Footlongs may become hard to find, or impossible
- Meet the man who could replace Warren Buffett
- These are the costliest US hurricanes
- NFL competitor partners with MGM for in-game betting: Report
- Retirement savings crisis: Americans not confident they can save enough
- What Serena Williams taught her husband about business
- College students reinvent furniture shopping experience with ‘couch-in-a-box’ business
- Gerri Willis, Fox raise awareness for breast cancer in NYC’s Central Park
- Larry Kudlow: White House eyeing social media companies
- Oath CEO Tim Armstrong in talks to leave Verizon: Report
- Beyond the Perimeter: How to Address Layered Security
- Greg Abel: Holding a key to Buffett’s Kingdom
- CBS CEO Les Moonves to step down
- Wayne Gretzky talks hockey in China, UNTUCKit investment
- Wayne Gretzky heads to China to promote hockey
- Does Tesla’s Elon Musk have a responsibility to be a good role model?
- Another day at Tesla: Execs depart, Musk invites controversy
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Hurricane Florence and Manufactured Housing Markets
Should Florence strike the east coast in the area some project, and serious destruction occurs, it could result in another surge of orders from FEMA to HUD Code manufacturers.
Plus, building materials and demand for labor would spike in the wake of a new disaster.
Insurers, communities, retailers, home owners, and others in involved in the industry could be impacted. So here’s an update from CNBC and AP on the approaching storm.
1 million residents ordered to leave South Carolina coast as Hurricane Florence strengthens
- Forecasters say Hurricane Florence has strengthened to a potentially catastrophic Category 4 storm as it closes in on North and South Carolina.
- Forecasters said unusually warm ocean currents off the coast could super-charge it into “a large and extremely dangerous hurricane.”
- The first impacts were already being seen on North Carolina’s barrier islands Monday as dangerous rip currents and seawater flowed over the state highway.
- South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster announced on Monday an evacuation order for the state’s entire coastline, in effect starting Tuesday at noon.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.