Senior Judicial Analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano takes on the notion that taxation is form of theft, and former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer’s comments on estate taxes, in our market focus on Tax Day.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Toys ‘R’ Us rejects bid from billionaire
- Former Obama economist Austan Goolsbee joins Quest on ‘Markets Now’
- CEO of $20 million startup could lose his business over visa issue
- Starbucks will close 8,000 US stores May 29 for racial-bias training
- Supreme Court debates whether to allow states to tax all online sales
- The IRS’ online filing system is having problems … on tax day
- Obama-era car loan rule could be repealed
- China lifts restrictions on foreign carmakers
- NY attorney general wants ‘transparency’ from crypto exchanges
- Legal fight escalates over Aaron Sorkin adaptation of ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’
- Supreme Court dismisses major privacy rights case
- India’s ATMs are running out of cash … again
- Rocket Lab just got a leg up on the race to launch tiny satellites
- IMF says global economy will slow after 2019
- US-China trade: 24 hours that escalated the fight
- China slaps 179% charge on US sorghum imports
- US hits export ban on Chinese smartphone maker ZTE
- Japan is heading for a trade showdown with America
- China’s economy hit the ground running in 2018
- How Russian retaliation could hurt America
- Walmart set to debut new website
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Stocks close higher on strong corporate earnings
- 8,000 Starbucks stores to halt operations for racial bias training
- Southwest Airlines stock declines after fatal plane accident
- Cryptocurrency exchanges draw New York inquiry
- Tax Day food freebies: 14 restaurants offering deals
- IRS site crashes as tax deadline looms[overlay type]IRS
- IRS site crashes as tax deadline looms
- Southwest Airlines fatality: GE-Safran venture made engine of Boeing jet
- VW to change iconic logo amid electric-car push
- Sun Country Airlines gives refunds after blizzard strands passengers
- As confidence in Facebook plummets, workers’ median salary tops $240K
- Trump files for tax extension with IRS, White House says
- Walmart goes after Amazon with website revamp
- Casino mogul Steve Wynn settles longstanding legal battle with ex-wife
- On Tax Day, Republicans hope filers are mindful of tax cuts
- Elon Musk invests another $100M into his ‘flamethrower’ startup
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,706.39 +28.55(+1.07%)
Dow 30 24,786.63 +213.59(+0.87%)
Nasdaq 7,281.10 +124.81(+1.74%)
Russell 2000 1,579.80 +16.77(+1.07%)
Crude Oil 66.66 +0.44(+0.66%)
Gold 1,350.30 -0.40(-0.03%)
Silver 16.78 +0.10(+0.62%)
EUR/USD 1.2371 -0.001(-0.08%)
10-Yr Bond 2.81 -0.02(-0.64%)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Tax Day Debate
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis, and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.