Nobility Homes (NOBH) issued its 1st quarter 2018 results, which will be featured in our spotlight for this evening’s manufactured housing industry market report.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Snap loses $800 million after Rihanna calls it out
- Caterpillar could cut nearly 900 jobs
- Lyft tests $199 monthly subscription plan for rides
- Facebook apologizes for child abuse search suggestions
- Hannity jabs Shep Smith
- Microsoft fired about 20 employees for harassment in one year
- AT&T-Time Warner trial: Why corporate America is watching it so closely
- Are your retirement savings keeping pace with the average American’s?
- The last day to file taxes in 2018 isn’t April 15. Here’s why
- It’s not tariffs keeping American cars out of Japan
- Goldman Sachs has a big gender pay gap in the UK
- Why is L’Oreal buying a technology company?
- Apple is hosting an education event on March 27
- Hong Kong ‘Superman’ Li Ka-shing is retiring
- Stormy Daniels interview on ’60 Minutes’ set for March 25
- Everything is shrinking at GE except its massive debt
- How NFL jersey sales thrived during a bad year for the league
- Steve Wynn can now sell his Wynn Resorts shares
- Japan’s anti-monopoly watchdog raids Amazon headquarters
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow advances as upbeat data buoys investors
- FDA weighs nicotine reduction in cigarettes
- Peter Thiel: Bitcoin could be the next gold
- Dodd-Frank rollback: Where things stand
- Second top Nike executive leaves company
- Plattsburgh, NY, bans cryptocurrency mining
- Patrick’s Day beer: How craft brew boom is driving consumers
- Investors notch new record for stock buying
- Tax cuts 2.0: What we know so far
- Amazon’s HQ2 search tied to Pentagon?
- Samsung’s Galaxy S9 hits stores: Here’s what to know
- Peter Thiel: Silicon Valley is a ‘totalitarian place’
- SpaceX and Boeing-Lockheed partnership split $640M in Air Force contracts
- Lyft takes a page from Netflix, tests ‘All-You-Can-Ride’ monthly subscriptions
- Ex- NASA astronaut says kids responsible for increasing food supply
- As Toys ‘R’ Us shutters its stores, these outlets look to move in
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,752.01 +4.68(+0.17%)
Dow 30 24,946.51 +72.85(+0.29%)
Nasdaq 7,481.99 +0.25(+0.00%)
Russell 2000 1,586.05 +9.43(+0.60%)
Crude Oil 62.20 +1.01(+1.65%)
Gold 1,313.60 -4.20(-0.32%)
Silver 16.33 -0.10(-0.59%)
EUR/USD 1.2285 -0.0019(-0.15%)
10-Yr Bond 2.85 +0.02(+0.78%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Nobility Homes, Inc. (OTCQX: NOBH) announced increased sales and earnings for their first quarter ended February 3, 2018.
In a release to the Daily Business News, NOBH said that, “Sales for the first quarter of 2018 were up 13% to $9,645,818, as compared to $8,573,400 recorded in the first quarter of 2017.
Income from operations for the first quarter of 2018 was up 3% to $1,090,157, versus $1,056,477 in the same period a year ago.
Net income after taxes was $1,016,236, as compared to $703,323 for the same period last year.
Diluted earnings per share for the first quarter of 2018 were $0.25 per share, compared to $0.18 per share last year.”
Nobility’s financial position during the first quarter 2018 remains very strong with cash and cash equivalents and short term investments of $27,918,057 and no outstanding debt. Working capital is $36,086,489 and our ratio of current assets to current liabilities is 8.5:1. Stockholders’ equity is $48,358,821 and the book value per share of common stock increased to $12.11.
The Board of Directors declared a one-time cash dividend of $.20 per common share for fiscal year 2017. The cash dividend is payable on April 16, 2018 to stockholders of record as of March 26, 2018.
“The demand for affordable manufactured housing in Florida and the U.S. continues to improve. According to the Florida Manufactured Housing Association, shipments in Florida for the period from November 2017 through January 2018 were up approximately 3% from the same period last year. Our sales for fiscal 2018 continue to look positive,” Nobility Homes President Terry Trexler stated.
“Shipment of homes in our market area should improve and, if we can adequately control the material and labor cost increases that the Company is experiencing because of the improvements in the total housing picture, then earnings should also improve. Constrained consumer credit and the lack of lenders in our industry, partly as a result of an increase in government regulations, still affect our results by limiting many manufactured housing buyers from purchasing affordable homes,” Terry Trexler said.
Nobility Homes Post-Irma Testimonials Video
Nobility’s 2017 Annual Summary is linked here as a download.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.