If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Is CFPB really crippling the economy?
- Dow soars 256 points on tax plan, Powell hearing
- Stocks don’t need tax cuts to keep going strong
- Fox says Roy Moore staffers ‘manhandled’ journalists
- WeWork goes on shopping spree after raising billions
- Why Trump has U.S. car companies worried about NAFTA
- Ivanka Trump: Women can power India’s economy
- FCC chairman blasts Twitter for silencing conservatives
- Poor Americans would lose billions in Senate tax bill
- James O’Keefe on the defensive after failed anti-Post plot
- Jerome Powell says Fed likely to hike rates in December
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Stocks close at record highs on Powell comments
- Fed’s Powell eyes Bitcoin’s future
- Fed’s Powell will inherit good US economy, not great
- Oil prices slip on OPEC deal extension jitters
- US home prices increase by 6.2% in September
- Republican tax plan clears hurdle in Senate, fight erupts over spending
- Tiger Woods addresses pain medication issue ahead of return to golf
- 10% of drugs are bogus in developing countries, Americans at risk too
- Defense stocks gain as North Korea fires missile
- S. sets China aluminum probe as it presses on trade
- Americans could be sitting on $33 billion of unused tech, report says
- Military surplus material creates fashion empire & jobs for vets
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
No Fire, Just Smoke, and Democratic Clinton Supporter Says, Enough
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,627.04 +25.62(+0.98%)
Dow 30 23,836.71 +255.93(+1.09%)
Nasdaq 6,912.36 +33.84(+0.49%)
Crude Oil 57.87 -0.24(-0.41%)
Gold 1,293.10 -1.30(-0.10%)
Silver 16.81 -0.21(-1.23%)
EUR/USD 1.1844 -0.0056(-0.47%)
10-Yr Bond 2.338 +0.01(+0.43%)
Russell 2000 1,536.43 +23.12(+1.53%
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Music to MH Lender’s Ears? Powell Comments, Markets Roar. MH Update$
It isn’t just smaller lenders that are encouraged by what the Trump Administration’s pick to be the next Federal Reserve Chairman said in his Senate Confirmation hearing today. But the odds are that with Powell at the Fed, and a Trump appointee at CFPB – major changes are made – could create a far more robust economy, and more common sense lending.
That could be music to MH Lenders ears. Today’s insights, courtesy of Fox Business.
Jerome Powell, President Donald Trump’s pick to be chairman of the Federal Reserve, told senators at his confirmation hearing Tuesday that he believes some bank regulations can be rolled back — something the administration and Wall Street favor. But he stressed that he will protect the central bank’s political independence, calling it vital for the Fed’s role.
Powell also strongly hinted in his appearance before the Senate Banking Committee that the Fed would hike rates again in December.
Powell said he believed that the Dodd-Frank Act, passed in the wake of the devastating 2008 financial crisis, had succeeded in making the financial system stronger, including ensuring that no major institution now is too big to fail.
But in some areas such as regulation of smaller banks, the law had imposed unnecessary burdens that should be eased, he said.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
Profitable Insight$ – POTU$ Trump Effect on MH Stock$ at 1 Year, Part 4
Suppliers LPX, Patrick, Manufactured Home Builders Nobility, Skyline Homes – the Trump Effect on MH Stocks, Markets Part 3
Trump Effect – 1 Year Election Impact on Manufactured Housing Connected Stocks, Part 2
Just the Facts – Trump Effect on Manufactured Home Connected Stocks, Part 1
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.