The markets took their biggest dive in months today, for reasons shown below.
But our focus report tonight, and two short videos, will spotlight the rise in conventional housing interest rates, and slide in sales. What does all that mean for manufactured housing?
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Wall Street’s ‘euphoric cabaret’ can’t last forever
- Indians to drop logo from uniforms in 2019
- Robots could kill many Las Vegas jobs
- What is 5G?
- Where Steve Wynn really makes his money
- How a 20-year-old discovered military’s secret sites
- Trump wants to eliminate oil safety agency
- Steve Wynn’s net worth is plunging
- Keurig is buying Dr Pepper Snapple
- 2018 Grammy Awards take a big ratings hit
- No, Mr. President, Chrysler isn’t leaving Mexico
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Exxon says ‘historic’ tax reform will support $50 billion spending plan
- Wall Street pulls back ahead of Fed meeting
- US stocks poised for best January performance in decades
- Vince McMahon’s XFL will exploit NFL problems, fmr. Philadelphia Eagles punter says
- Elon Musk has sold $5M worth of flamethrowers since Sunday
- Lamborghini’s new SUV goes from zero to 60 in 3.6 seconds
- MLB’s Indians to end use of ‘Chief Wahoo’ logo in 2019
- Tyson Foods invests in a lab-grown meat startup
- Why scientists are scrambling to make a ‘universal influenza vaccine’
- ATM makers warn of ‘jackpotting’ hacks on U.S. machines
- Flu linked to record sick days, costing employers almost $10B
- Worst outbreak since 2009 claims lives of 37 children and triggers mounting hospitalizations
- Minnesota pillow-maker accuses competitor of brand breach
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,853.53 -19.34(-0.67%)
Dow 30 26,439.48 -177.23(-0.67%)
Nasdaq 7,466.51 -39.27(-0.52%)
Russell 2000 1,598.11 -9.95(-0.62%)
Crude Oil 65.49 -0.65(-0.98%)
Gold 1,338.60 -13.50(-1.00%)
Silver 17.14 -0.31(-1.75%)
EUR/USD 1.2384 -0.0038(-0.31%)
10-Yr Bond 2.699 +0.037(+1.39%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Fox Business’ Charles Payne opines that investors ought not to be “spooked” by news of rising rates and today’s market sell-off. “This bull market is just getting started,” Payne said.
“Mortgage rates jump to highest in 4 years, an ominous sign for spring housing,” says CNBC’s Diana Olick.
- Mortgage rates are surging due to the jump in U.S. bond yields.
- “Some lenders will be at 4.5 percent,” says Matthew Graham of Mortgage News Daily.
- Higher mortgage rates, combined with higher home prices, will make this spring housing market even more challenging.
What does this mean for manufactured housing professionals?
Historically, conditions such as rising interest rates lead to more buyers turning to manufactured homes.
While new HUD Code manufactured home shipments have been rising, they are still rising slowly.
Several factors have contributed to that challenge.
MHProNews has noted that there are indicators that tech giants and other sources of new capital will be finding the manufactured home sector.
But widespread misinformation about manufactured housing is a hurdle.
“Education of buyers, positive engagement with the mainstream media and influencers are among the keys to a sustainable, serious manufactured home rise and recovery,” says industry expert, consultant and trade publisher, L.A. “Tony” Kovach.
A new report, linked above, are the kinds of research and reports, says Tony Kovach, that if properly touted, could cause increasing numbers of Americans to look beyond past fears and embrace manufactured homes.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.