For a shakeup in coverage, we reached across the Pacific to the South China News Post (SCNP), which often acts as the unofficial source for Chinese state positions. What the SCNP had to say about the announcement of the trade truce between their President Xi, and U.S. President Donald J. Trump are our featured report on a day that the news sent stocks up.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Removing tariffs on American cars won’t save ailing US plants. Here’s why
- Trump says China will cut tariffs on American cars
- 2018 may be as good as it gets for the stock market
- Dow rises 288 points on US-China trade ceasefire
- Investors send pot stock soaring on possible tobacco deal
- Amazon HQ2 sites have been decided. Now the real work begins
- PERSPECTIVES How closing America’s doors on refugees like me will hurt the economy
- Shell is the first energy company to link executive pay and carbon emissions
- 5G smartphones are coming in 2019. What does that mean?
- Trump says China is now open to Qualcomm-NXP deal. But it’s too late
- Sears’ holiday shopping season is off to a rough start
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ had a crazy bad opening weekend in China
- Ikea’s new strategy: Smaller stores — and sometimes no meatballs
- What the US-China truce means for business
- GM has barely paid federal taxes for years. Here’s why
- Watch out for these holiday shopping scams
- The extreme ways people protect themselves from hacks
- What to do if you’re affected by the Marriott data breach
- We need stronger cybersecurity laws for the Internet of Things
- A new approach to cybersecurity: Let the hackers in
- Richard Branson is launching rockets into space
- This company may (finally) make space tourism a reality
- After tragedy, Virgin Galactic bounces back
- Virgin wants to launch a rocket off a 747
- China suffers a setback in the private space race
- Inside the high-stakes business of tracking space junk
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Stocks celebrate trade progress with triple point jump
- Is US bond market forecasting a recession?
- China trade commitments will begin ‘immediately’: Larry Kudlow
- Trump to end this subsidy to automakers amid GM threats
- US farmers to get big boost, Trump says
- Few NY businesses sign up for state program to bypass Trump tax limits
- This new, healthy artificial sweetener promises to taste like sugar but without calories
- Bill Gates’ favorite books in 2018
- Apple fends off Amazon, Microsoft, remains most valuable US company
- Amazon drone delivery? Jeff Bezos’ timeline is past due
- Amazon testing cashierless checkout technology at large stores: Report
- Americans on the moon: NASA aims for continuous presence within 10 years
- Ex-Chiefs star Kareem Hunt cost himself millions with hotel assault video
- Here’s when Apple may release a 5G phone
- US military members’ wage growth has outpaced American average
- G-20 summit in Argentina: A look at what happened
- States spending the most money on welfare
- The five biggest media mergers of all time
- States spending the most money on welfare
- Trump and Xi meet at G-20: High stakes for global economy
- Retirement, Savings and Tax Relief Act of 2018, right bill at right time
- Strategies for stock-market sales events
- Here are the new tax brackets for 2019
- ‘Started from scratch’: The evolution of Adirondack Creamery
- Protein bar makers turn $10,000 into $600M after selling company to food giant
- New York City real estate powerhouse led by a mother-daughter team
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
We’ll let the Chinese media video speak for itself.
Then, we’ll simply note that while this trade dispute is far from over, there are a growing number of voices that say it is not only long overdue, that the U.S. is winning it.
The Trump Administration’s Larry Kudlow says the two sides are close to a deal on intellectual theft of American companies, which has been a sticking point. China is reluctant to admit that it even happens. The hint from President Xi that they will address legitimate concerns is in itself a major verbal concession.
We’ll continue to monitor insights from sources, yes, even from the other side of the world.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.