The final report tonight will also be on steel, and will contain expert insights from manufactured housing producers. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross is responding in tonight’s video clip to the concerns coming often from Republican sources, as a number of Democrats are happy about the tariff announcements.
That will be tonight’s market focus.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- BlackRock turns up the pressure on gun makers
- Trump hasn’t tweeted about the stock market in 23 days
- White House lauded US record with WTO, which Trump now calls a ‘disaster’
- America’s allies are really angry about Trump tariffs
- Why you’ll see fewer ads on NBC this fall
- Is your paycheck being taxed enough? Check the new IRS calculator
- Silvio Berlusconi’s comeback won’t fix the Italian economy
- How to save money on the biggest expenses in your budget
- JCPenney cuts more jobs, capping off a gloomy week for retailers
- ClassPass changes its business model — again
- This Chinese investor wants to dump Hilton hotels
- Why Delta and Atlanta need each other
- Toyota will invest billions in new self-driving car company
- The Weinstein Company strikes a $500 million deal
- Delta CEO: We support the 2nd Amendment
- L. Bean raises minimum age for gun purchases to 21
- Venezuela hikes its minimum wage again — to just over $6
- Treasury blocks footage of hecklers at Mnuchin interview
- Fox News exec who wrote controversial Olympics column out at network
- Plan to end rule that allows spouses of H-1B holders to work is delayed
- Equifax: Hackers stole more than we said
- A suspected Russian troll in the US tries to erase her past
- Kroger stores won’t sell to anyone under 21
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Kudlow and Moore call for Trump to retract tariffs
- Trump tariff on steel and aluminum: winners and losers
- Trump tariff allows Century Aluminum to hire hundreds: CEO
- Trump’s tariff on steel, aluminum defended by Wilbur Ross as pro-jobs
- Trump tariff will protect jobs, Jupiter Aluminum executive says
- Stocks claw back as trade concerns ease
- Delta, steadfast in NRA decision, will keep HQ in Atlanta
- Massive storm forces hundreds of flights to be canceled
- Raising gun sale age will trigger litigation at state level: ex-Attorney General Gonzales
- Bank of England chief: Cryptocurrencies are ‘failing’
- Tax reform: New Jersey Natural Gas cuts rates, pays out one-time refunds
- NCAA should pay college athletes, Kentucky governor says
- Should investors start preparing their portfolios for a bear market?
- McDonald’s Big Mac record holder on pace to eat 30,000 by May
- US debt will exceed the size of economy within a decade: study
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,691.25 +13.58(+0.51%)
Dow 30 24,538.06 -70.92(-0.29%)
Nasdaq 7,257.87 +77.31(+1.08%)
Russell 2000 1,533.17 +25.78(+1.71%)
Crude Oil 61.45 +0.46(+0.75%)
Gold 1,323.70 +18.50(+1.42%)
Silver 16.53 +0.26(+1.59%)
EUR/USD 1.2317 +0.0044(+0.36%)
10-Yr Bond 2.857 +0.053(+1.89%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross sounded off today on the Trump administration’s plans to impose tariffs on aluminum and steel and the state of the markets.
One topic that hasn’t gotten a lot of attention is that on July 15, 1959, there were 500,000 members of the United Steel Workers. Today, the entire U.S. steel industry employs about down by some 70 percent from that total.
White House National Trade Council Director Peter Navarro on the potential impact of the U.S. imposing tariffs on aluminum and steel imports.
Yesterday’s related report is linked below.
Controversial Trump Tariff$ Announcement, Century Aluminum CEO Explains the Facts, Plus MH Market UPdate$
There will be a final report tonight that includes facts and figures from some HUD Code production sources in the industry.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.