He’s back. It’s vintage Marty Lavin, the award-winning MHVille attorney and expert commentator on MH finance, communities, and a manufactured home volume retail veteran. Our featured report for tonight will be insights from the MHI award-winner on the trade issue, plus some bonus videos.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Mnuchin says there’s ‘potential for a trade war’ with China
- How much ammo does China have for a trade war?
- Trump threatens China with new $100 billion tariff plan
- Nine West files for bankruptcy
- Facebook’s new rules for Pages are a big deal, but there are major questions
- On Instagram, no nipples. But you can sometimes find Fentanyl
- US adds 103,000 jobs in March, well below expectations
- The sky isn’t falling for the job market
- President Trump to skip White House Correspondents’ Dinner again
- AI companies spot a business opportunity in space
- Virgin Galactic tests ship that could bring tourists to space
- Ford recalls 350,000 F-150s and Expeditions that can roll even when parked
- Target settles suit over asking job applicants about criminal records
- Even at the top, women still face sexism. Just not the kind you’d think
- Sears and Delta customer data may have been exposed in cyberattack
- Why it’s time for Tesla to grow up
- Got student loans? Don’t make this major tax mistake
- Looking to buy your first home? Good luck with that
- How to save for retirement without a 401(k)
- MoviePass buys Moviefone
- The UK’s ‘sin taxes’ are working. Here’s the proof
- China’s HNA is checking out of Hilton
- AT&T trial turns its attention to Comcast-NBCUniversal merger
- The Atlantic ditches Kevin Williamson over controversial abortion comments
- Jamie Dimon: Immigration deadlock is ‘tearing apart’ country
- BlackRock is offering a gun-free retirement fund
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow falls +500 points as threat of trade war roils markets
- Fed’s Powell sees gradual hikes in interest rates
- Target to pay $3.7M to settle civil-rights class action complaint
- Trade coalition of the willing to take on China: Larry Kudlow
- Trump ‘blew up’ Obama progress on China: Austan Goolsbee
- Trump touts falling aluminum prices after tariffs
- George Soros said to allow cryptocurrency trades at firm
- Midwest jobs plentiful, but no takers
- Elon Musk: ‘god-like’ artificial intelligence could rule humanity
- Sandberg: Facebook did not do enough to protect user data
- US jobs increased 103K in March, missing expectations
- A Biden-Trump race is shaping up for 2020: Wall Street sources
- Retired NFL star Leonard Marshall favors tackle football ban for kids
- Amazon’s Prime Wardrobe – will it mean more retail demise?
- Is this the end of activist investing?
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,604.47 58.37(-2.19%)
Dow 30 23,932.76 -572.46(-2.34%)
Nasdaq 6,915.11 -161.44(-2.28%)
Russell 2000 1,513.30 -29.63(-1.92%)
Crude Oil 61.87 -1.67(-2.63%)
Gold 1,336.70 +8.20(+0.62%)
Silver 16.36 +0.01(+0.03%)
EUR/USD 1.228 +0.0042(+0.34%)
10-Yr Bond 2.78 -0.06(-2.01%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
America’s first billionaire president is not the only one who’s concerned with the trade imbalance, and other issues that face the United States, our industries and workers. The president told Wall Street today, “There’s going to be some pain.”
Marty Lavin is back. For years, Lavin has delighted readers with keen insights, or with deep cuts.
Lavin’s column is linked here or from the image below, and it is focused on the question shown in the featured image, below. That’s followed by a Fox Business and AP videos on today’s market report, plus the trade war issue.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.