On a down day for many stocks on Wall Street, the word is out from CNBC and other sources that Third Point’s Daniel S. Loeb has made several moves that ought to draw a careful look from manufactured housing professionals and other investors.
As a reminder, Loeb was spotlighted by MHLivingNews, in the report linked below.
The truth is never misguided. There may be better times or better ways to share the truth. But those are prudential judgments, that are very much compatible with the truth. In circumstances where persuasion: among people, in education, marketing political, or other scenarios matters, there are times when an upward compromise can advance the truth.
Among the reported steps by Third Point, per CNBC:
- Hedge fund activist Daniel Loeb is worried about this market, cuts Netflix and exits Facebook.
- Daniel Loeb blamed his pessimistic market outlook on his expectations for a slowdown in U.S. economic activity over the next 12 months.
- Third Point exited its stake in Facebook and cut its position in Netflix, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Loeb told investors he had cut the fund’s technology holdings.
Why It Matters to MHVille?
The Daily Business News on MHProNews has been reporting for some time that there are potential antitrust moves pending, and the names of some of those giants that Loeb’s firm shed are among them.
Industry professionals and their customers use several of the firms that Loeb’s moves reflect on.
Berkshire and Buffett
Perhaps as or more important are recent reports from federal sources to MHProNews. For example, per sources, investigations of Berkshire Hathaway – with Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway’s manufactured home brands being specifically named by a federal official that spoke to the Daily Business News – also point to potential economic shakeups that will debatably impact manufactured housing.
Bloomberg reported last year that the one thing Warren Buffett is concerned about is a ‘breakup’ of Berkshire, presumably by antitrust action.
See other industry related developments with Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) members, in the related reports, further below. Our evening market report, is linked here.
Note that our part 2 of this morning’s two-part report will occur this weekend or on Monday, due to breaking news. That’s “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing,” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis, and commentary.)
(Related Reports are further below. Third-party images and content are provided under fair use guidelines.)
1) To sign up in seconds for our MH Industry leading emailed news updates, click here.
2) To pro-vide a News Tips and/or Commentary, click the link to the left. Please note if comments are on-or-off the record, thank you.
3) Marketing, Web, Video, Consulting, Recruiting and Training Re-sources
Prosperity Now, Protests, Indivisible Project, Warren Buffett, George Soros, POTUS Donald Trump, MHAction and Manufactured Housing – Following the Money
Prosperity Now. MHAction. Indivisible Project. Billionaires George Soros and Warren Buffett. Each of those are all interconnected. Each of those are involved in protests against manufactured home businesses, President Donald J. Trump, and his supporters. Who says? Let’s follow the facts, evidence, and the money trail. 1) The billionaire George Soros funded “……”