- “In my day I’ve seen a lot of wild rallies with a lot of mispriced stocks, but there is one thing they all have in common. Eventually they hit a wall and go into a major painful correction,” Carl Icahn said.
- Icahn’s cautionary statements came as the U.S. stock market fell sharply on the first trading day of the new year.
- The rapid rise and ballooning valuations for stocks have made some Wall Street strategists wary of the market’s path in the near term
“In my day I’ve seen a lot of wild rallies with a lot of mispriced stocks, but there is one thing they all have in common. Eventually they hit a wall and go into a major painful correction. Nobody can predict when it will happen, but when that does happen, look out below,” Carl Icahn said, per CNBC. “Another thing they have in common is it’s always said, it’s different this time. But it never turns out to be the truth.”
Also per CNBC:
- Apprehension about Georgia’s Senate runoff election Tuesday helped fuel a sharp New Year’s selloff Monday.
- Traders said there were multiple causes for selling, including concerns about the pandemic.
- Analysts say there may be a bigger sell-off if Democrats win, but there could also be an opportunity for a bigger and faster spending package.
What lies ahead in the next 48 hours is not known. But if there is to be an opportunity to light a fire under lawmakers to get them to #DoNotCertify and #StopTheSteal on #January6, that will be our featured focus this evening. New reader? The featured focus will follow the left-right headlines, and two of our three market summary graphics at the closing bell. The manufactured home industry connected stocks-at-a-glance graphic information follows the featured focus and related reports.
Quotes That Shed Light – Industry, American, Social, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- DOW SLIDES
- A person walks past the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) at Wall Street on November 16, 2020 in New York City. – Wall Street stocks rose early following upbeat news on a coronavirus vaccine and merger announcements in the banking and retail industries.
- Stocks fall as Wall Street worries about the pandemic and the recovery
- Track the Dow in real-time
- Janet Yellen made millions giving speeches to Wall Street banks she’ll soon regulate
- Slack welcomes workers back with a service outage
- Wall Street will kick out three big Chinese telecom companies
- Anthony Scaramucci warns Bitcoin’s bubble could burst. But he’s still a mega-bull
- Bitcoin’s rally could be a sign of what’s in store for markets in 2021
- MGM makes $11 billion bid for UK gambling group Ladbrokes
- Herbalife is buying back more than half of Carl Icahn’s stake
- OTHER TOP STORIES
- Haven — the joint health care venture by Amazon, Berkshire and JPMorgan — is shutting down
- The co-founder of China’s most successful tech empire hasn’t been heard from in months
- She was promoted just in time to lead TikTok through a ‘Category 5 storm’
- Google workers have formed the company’s first-ever union
- Tesla hit half-million car target in 2020
- Analysis: Pay attention to the propaganda, and other ways to cover an attempted coup in America
- Media should call GOP election fight an attempted coup, historian says
- McDonald’s adds three new sandwiches to compete in chicken wars
- Chipotle is adding cauliflower rice to its menu
- Pizza Hut rolls out a new stuffed crust — minus the pizza
- INNOVATION IN THE AUTO INDUSTRY
- Zoox L5 fully autonomous, all-electric Robotaxi at Coit Tower San Francsico.
- Here’s the robotaxi Amazon wants you to ride around in
- These 5 patents offer hints about an Apple car
- Classic luxury car brands stage comebacks
- Is this a spa? Nope, it’s Ford’s new F-150
- GM scales back deal with Nikola
- STAYING HEALTHY AT HOME
- This extremely intense gym is expanding even as Covid cases soar
- Peloton is now making its own music for its classes
- Now available on your Peloton: The Beyoncé workouts
- CrossFit’s new owner is taking on a massive task
- Apple’s Fitness+ wants to take on Peloton with at-home workouts
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax
- Trump Berates Senate Republicans Who Won’t Back Election Challenge
- Hice to Newsmax TV: ‘President Is Totally Right’ on Raffensperger Call
- Election 2021
- Urging Calm, DC Mayor Calls in National Guard for Protests
- Trump Berates Senate Republicans Who Won’t Back Election Challenge
- Blackburn: Trump’s Raffensperger Call ‘Not Helpful’ |
- Rob Portman Won’t Object to Electoral Vote Certification
- Buck: Congress’ Job to Count Votes, Not Determine Election
- House Dems Call on Wray to Probe Trump-Raffensperger Call
- Trump’s Call With Raffensperger Was 19th Time He Tried to Reach Him
- Perdue Backs Trump Over Raffensperger Call
- Trump Ga. Transcript Shows Case for Vote Fraud, President Acted Properly
- Cotton: Election Result Challenge Exceeds Congress’ Power
- The Trump Presidency
- In Farewell, DeVos Urges Congress to Reject Biden’s Policies
- Trump Admin: Breakthrough Reached in Gulf Dispute With Qatar
- Attorneys Want Sanctions Against DOJ Over 2020 Census Data
- Pompeo Cites China, North Korea as Trump’s Unfinished Business
- Top NSA Official Tells British: China Leaked COVID
- Trump to Give Reps. Nunes, Jordan Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Surgeon General: Mitigation More Important Than Ever
- Trump Vetoes Driftnet Ban Off California Coast
- Ric Grenell: Iran Eagerly Awaits Biden
- Graham Slams House Proposal on Gender-Inclusive Language
- Franklin Graham posted a tweet that harshly criticized a proposed change in House rules to enshrine gender inclusive language. “Can you believe that they actually propose to strike the use of words including father, mother…
- Amazon, JPMorgan, Berkshire Healthcare Venture ‘Haven’ to Disband
- Haven, a joint venture between Amazon, JPMorgan Chase, and Berkshire
- Google Workers Launch Union, Escalating Tension With Management
- Employees of Google and parent company Alphabet Inc. announced the creation of a union on Monday, escalating years of confrontation between workers and management of the internet giant. The Alphabet Workers Union said it will be open to all employees and contractors…
- Fed’s Evans Says Monetary Policy ‘Well-Positioned’ Now
- McDonald’s Challenges Chicken Chains With 3 New Sandwiches
- Bitcoin Mania Reaches New Heights as Prices Go Parabolic
- Ladbrokes Owner Says MGM’s $11 Billion Takeover Bet Undervalues Company
- Study: Ivermectin May Slash the Risk of Death for Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients by 80@
- A study to be released next month found that ivermectin, an inexpensive drug used to treat head lice, could be a potentially effective tool in the COVID-19 battle. According to the results of 11 trials involving 1,400 patients…
- 5 Tips to Cure a Food Hangover
- How to Reduce Your Risk of Falling
- Health Tips for Resuming Sports Activity
- Neurologists: No Medical Justification for Police to Use Neck Restraint
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
Much of the media is saying, “it is over” as far as the 45th president’s possible paths to #StopTheSteal. There will be drama. There will be protests. But they say that the conclusion is already settled.
What is certain is that without sufficient effort, it is over. As President Trump is found of saying, “We will not bend. We will not break. We will never back down. We will NEVER, ever surrender!”
Newsmax, Right Side Broadcasting, and NTD should be among the YouTube accessible options for watching the Presidential rally tonight in Georgia in support of the re-election of Senator David Purdue (GA-R) and Kelly Loeffler (GA-R). One of the three CSPAN routinely carries such events as well.
There are several ways to contact your lawmakers. One, is a tool that allows citizens to communicate with numerous elected officials with a single emailed tool. The total shown could be misunderstood. At this time, 5:02 PM ET, it shows over 33 million actions taken. Because several emails are being sent at once, that does not mean there are 33 million citizens who ask elected officials to #DoNotCertify or #StopTheSteal. That is an impressive total, but that point is made so that you or others do not think that plenty of people have sounded off already. That numbers should go much higher.
The message system above and the one below both can be modified.
Example messages are found in the links above and below.
This page provides individual contact information, including phone numbers.
How to Contact Your Elected Officials:
Learn more via the report linked below.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12the year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.