We strive for balanced, evidence-based reports. Yesterday evening, readers/viewers tuned into this evening market report to hear what Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren says should become law. It’s her vision for what should be next for the economy, which includes all new regulations. Tonight, we’ll hear what President Trump’s economic advisor, Larry Kudlow has to say, as he runs through the facts that he says are only going to continue to get better. That’s our focus for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Chipotle will retrain staff in response to latest health debacle
- It’s time for Tesla to call in a grown-up to keep Elon Musk in check
- Female CEOs are rare. Two in a row at the same company is (almost) unheard of
- Not your father’s Harley: How the motorcycle industry is attracting new riders
- The next CEO of Air France might not be French. Unions say that’s ‘inconceivable’
- Uber cuts its losses, and revenue soars 63%
- China: Trade talks with the US are back on
- Where’s the love? ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ could usher in a new era of romantic comedies
- Goldman Sachs says it’s advising Tesla
- Why the Dow is misleading
- Big Oil is racing to pump all the oil out of Texas
- Corona owner makes a $4 billion bet on cannabis
- Tiffany is remodeling to draw more Millennials
- Macy’s momentum may be starting to slow
- Over FAANG? Tech investors, focus on these stocks next
- Verizon’s 5G sales pitch: Free TV
- Tinder exec: I had to protect the company from my own story of harassment
- Facebook reinstates a suspended data firm after investigation
- What drove the Dow’s worst day in months?
- Coast to coast, and in between, local news is standing up to Trump’s press attacks
- ‘We are not the enemy’: 16 must-read editorials that capture the spirit of a free press
- Newspaper goes from endorsing Trump to denouncing his attacks on the press
- Mark Zuckerberg’s nonprofit is helping separated migrant families
- Inside Airstream’s tiny new luxury trailer
- Autonomous vehicles are coming. Now comes the hard part.
- Former war refugee is making money transfers easier
- Qatar throws Turkey a lifeline as spat widens with US
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Dow surges 400 points on robust earnings, hopes for a US-China trade deal
- A breakdown of Walmart’s rally and how significant it is
- After Supreme Court labor union ruling, non-members want dues payments back
- Here are top-paying US jobs, and for 4th year in a row No. 1 kept its title
- Culprit of Chipotle’s latest foodborne illness outbreak
- This top 10 US medical school offering free tuition
- Ford’s drag-racing mystery car revealed
- The 2018 Mustang Cobra Jet can run a quarter mile in the mid-eight-seconds.
- Most of the tax reform benefits are not going to the wealthy: Study
- People would rather hitchhike than ride in a self-driving car
- Aretha Franklin, ‘Queen of Soul,’ has died at 76
- Interior Secretary Zinke rips environmentalists for holding forest ‘hostage’
- Best Buy acquires Jitterbug maker, targets elderly health market
- Puerto Rico, 11 months later: How the private sector aids recovery
- Tesla’s legal team bracing for billions in potential liability: Gasparino
- FDA approves Teva’s generic EpiPen, rivaling Mylan version
- Trump loosens Obama-era restrictions on launching cyberattacks: Report
- Elon Musk SEC probe could last for months: Fmr. SEC chair Pitt
- Meet the small-town attorney who took Monsanto for $289M
- Small business owners favor more China tariffs: Survey
- New York state shuts down child’s lemonade stand
- FBI warns of impending ATM hack
- Think you’re getting more spam calls? You’re probably right
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
With midterms just 81 days out. Both Democrats and Republicans are making their case to voters, right now.
Nate Silver’s respected 535 blog puts the Democratic chances for getting the House back at 70 percent. Really? Silver missed on who would be POTUS (President of the United States) in 2016, while the Daily Business News correctly projected that Trump could win. That was based on a deep dive into the internals of mainstream media polls and reports.
Many Democrats want to make this November a referendum on the president. Okay. Let’s look at that.
Many discount Rasmussen’s poll, but it’s been reasonably accurate in the recent presidential cycles, per some polling observers. Rasmussen puts the president’s approval at 50 percent, others hover more like 43 percent. Either figure dwarfs the approval level for Congress as a whole, the media, or many other institutions.
Then there are Larry Kudlow’s cogent summary of the facts.
Kudlow said the “single biggest event” of 2018 is “an economic boom that most people thought would be impossible.”
He pointed to a possible 4.3 percent GDP in the third quarter, per the Atlanta Fed.
If it comes down to pay, confidence, and opportunity, the Trump Administration sounds like it is making a case similar to the Reagan era. Are you better off then you were two years ago?
For balance, the Elizabeth Warren proposal, is linked below.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.