Citing the monthly Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey released today, CNBC says that for the first time in U.S. history, for two months running, there are more job openings than people available to fill them. That video and related commentary will be our market focus tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Elon Musk will face scrutiny at Tesla’s shareholder meeting
- CEOs are scaling back hiring and spending because of trade fears
- How much longer can the US economy keep rolling?
- Student loan debt just hit $1.5 trillion. Women hold most of it
- Bill Gates is giving 2018 college grads his favorite new book for free
- Apple’s not the only company worried about your bad habits
- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak talks legacy, comedy and his deepest fears
- EU trade official: US ‘closed the door’ on tariff talks
- Tax cut fuels record $200 billion stock buyback bonanza
- Social Security must reduce benefits in 2034 if reforms aren’t made
- Europe is still addicted to Russian gas
- UK clears Fox offer for Sky. A bidding war with Comcast could be next
- Lord & Taylor is closing its 5th Ave store
- The real story of Trump’s crusade to cut government red tape
- Howard Schultz steps down at Starbucks, may consider run for president
- Schultz: ‘Big difference’ between my qualifications and Trump’s
- Watch: Howard Schultz said he wasn’t running for president. Many times.
- Apple is close to becoming the first $1 trillion US company
- Apple CEO: I’m not worried about machines taking over the world
- Apple announces new features for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch
- Tim Cook isn’t too worried about a trade war
- Tim Cook: I don’t see politics in my future
- What to spend money on (and what to DIY) as a new homeowner
- Wells Fargo is selling all its branches in three Midwestern states
- He made $400,000 flipping a house
- Tim Cook reveals his tech habits: I use my phone too much
- Apple hits Facebook, again
- Twitter is joining the S&P 500
- Why investors are still bullish on US stocks and the economy
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Is this the best job market, ever? It could be. Here’s why
- Trump economic policies are creating jobs: White House
- Almost half of the US housing market is overvalued: CoreLogic
- US job openings hit record high of 6.7 million in April
- US CEOs less optimistic as trade conflicts weigh: survey
- Kate Spade owner Tapestry investors learn of designer’s apparent suicide
- Tesla says Model 3 demand steady amid cancellation reports
- Washington State sues Facebook, Google
- Kate Spade: Ivanka Trump, others react to designer’s tragic death
- After wave of Trump pardons, lawyer wants clemency for non-violent drug offender
- MLB buys Rawlings, seeking more control over baseball production
- David Koch resigning from Koch Industries, political organizations
- Summer camp turning kids into financial geniuses
- China offers deal to purchase $70B in US goods, wants Trump to drop tariffs
- Starbucks chairman Howard Schultz taking page out of Trump’s policies: branding expert
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
It’s a problem many in MHVille are talking about. Labor shortages.
Two points before diving into the CNBC data.
First, on the face of it, the data is not correct in an absolute sense. Under Democratic and Republican administrations alike, Labor Department statistics skew the actual numbers, which the so-called U6 data reflects.
That said, CNBC is – as Sharyl Attkisson’s insightful chart has noted – tilted left. This network doesn’t tend to give President Trump and his administration props for much of anything.
That said, without naming the president, this video reflects the top line data that are commonly cited by public officials, and its clearly a glowing report.
On the point of wage growth, what CNBC and others are not addressing much is the impact of undocumented – meaning, non-citizens that are in the U.S. illegally – labor, robotics, and automation. For example, a recent report says that Amazon has an estimated 100,000 robots working in their warehouses.
Job training, and other administration plans are necessary to address the remaining issues that are still holding even faster wage growth back. But the trajectory is good for workers, as the video makes plain.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.