President Donald J. Trump may be the most media accessible president in decades. There are times he is direct. There are other times he plays the hinting game. Has the mainstream media missed what could be the biggest economic and political change in over a century, should the Trump-GOP prove successful in holding the House and Senate? That will be our focus for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Elizabeth Warren wants Wells Fargo to fire its CEO
- Dow drops 327 points as market turbulence deepens
- Trade war with China could lead to recession sooner rather than later
- Why Tesla skeptics are feeling so good
- Scoring is up in the NFL, and so are its ratings
- How high will oil go? Iran is the biggest X factor
- A look inside the French factory that builds some of the world’s fastest cars
- PERSPECTIVES Africa needs more affordable electricity. Here’s how to get there
- Why Eddie Lampert stuck with Sears
- Whatever happens next, Brexit is bad for business
- Four years ago, she was a college freshman. Today, she has a multimillion dollar jewelry company
- He’s on a mission to make workplaces more humane
- E-Commerce Guide by CNN Underscored
- The world’s first smart, reusable notebook is now less than $20
- A reckoning for big tech
- Industry’s budding relationship with Saudi Arabia in doubt after Khashoggi
- Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal’s company invests $200 million in Uber’s Middle East rival
- Fox Business, Saudi conference’s last media partner, pulls out
- Business is boycotting Saudi Arabia’s big conference. Here’s who’s still going
- Saudi crown prince’s economic vision is unraveling
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- The US deficit has skyrocketed to $779B. Why?
- Dow slides as Mnuchin backs out of Saudi conference
- US sanctions on Saudi Arabia would roil stocks: David Stockman
- FOX Business Network cancels participation in Saudi Conference
- How Trump’s ‘nickel plan’ could boost the economy
- The most expensive places to live in America
- These states spend the most money on welfare
- Here are the Sears, Kmart stores closing by the end of the year
- Former USA Gymnastics head arrested
- Trump administration names 6 prospective currency cheaters
- Why aren’t renters interested in homeownership?
- More than half of renters have no plans to buy.
- Elizabeth Warren to Fed: Wells Fargo CEO must go
- Oil prices at risk as more electric vehicles hit the road
- Major Facebook shareholders want Mark Zuckerberg out as chairman
- Social Security falling short? Top ways to supplement retirement income
- Treasury Secretary Mnuchin drops out of Saudi Arabia summit
- How Trump’s team plans to fix the ‘real’ truck driver shortage
- Trump was right to cut taxes, but Fed criticism is ‘awkward’: Alan Greenspan
- Why lottery jackpots keep ballooning
- The lottery’s hidden secret: Billions in unclaimed prizes
- You won the lottery, now what?
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
It’s a fact.
Many in the media are either flatly opposed to the president and/or they simply don’t get him. That’s not to say that anyone, including MHProNews, is going to be right all of the time. But are there hints that the president made in recent interviews?
Could financial system changes be coming that will upend the Federal Reserve system after the midterms?
In the interview below, the president takes dead aim at the FED as being the biggest threat to his otherwise successful economic progress. The interview covers several topics, not just the Fed.
But some may not realize that the Federal Reserve system, which is now over a century old, has arguably not achieved its stated purposes. There are voices in Washington that wanted investigations and change for years, like Congressman Ron Paul.
Senator Rand Paul is cut from that same bolt of cloth as his father. MHProNews will plan a special report on this issue.
Suffice it to say for now, that if the GOP proves successful, there are reasons to believe that the president will lay out a bold new vision that could borrow some historic pages. If so, lending could change dramatically for the federal government and for the nation.
See Related Reports, linked below.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.