When it comes to a colorful phrase, “stronger than a garlic milkshake,” has to rank up there.
Raymond James’ Jeffrey Saut sounds off on why he’s overall bullish. But Sault is wary of a short term correction, just over the horizon. That will be our spotlight report, with video.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Trump: The dollar will get ‘stronger and stronger’
- Trump would consider ‘better’ TPP deal
- H-1B reform bill seeks to expand annual quota
- It’ll be easier to find an airline seat in 2018
- Trump-China trade war: Who has most to lose?
- British MPs to address fake news
- Why Crock-Pot is in hot water
- Delta and American to fly stranded passengers
- Saudi Arabia hands out cash from corruption sweep
- CNN parts ways with YouTube star Casey Neistat
- Vince McMahon says he’s reviving the XFL
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- XFL to return in 2020, WWE’s Vince McMahon says
- XFL players should stand for national anthem, Vince McMahon says
- Dow notches record high on Caterpillar, 3M earnings
- Mnuchin ‘surprised’ by weaker dollar response: It wasn’t news
- Viacom, CBS CEOs have discussed potential merger: report
- Home Depot will award up to $1,000 bonuses tied to tax reform
- Bitcoin’s newest millionaire: Rapper 50 Cent
- Apple to allow users to turn off feature that slows down iPhones
- Billionaire George Soros ramps up lobbying during Trump’s first year
- BlackRock’s Larry Fink: Cash is killing your investment account
- Tax reform windfall: These companies are hiking pay, delivering bonuses
- Starbucks, JPMorgan, Verizon and Disney became the latest companies to reward employees thanks to tax reform.
- Gap insurance: What it is and how it could save you thousands
- NBA wants regulated sports betting market, for a price
- Why Shares of Alteryx Jumped Today
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,839.25 +1.71(+0.06%)
Dow 30 26,392.79 +140.67(+0.54%)
Nasdaq 7,411.16 -3.89(-0.05%)
Russell 2000 1,601.67 +2.06(+0.13%)
Crude Oil 65.27 -0.34(-0.52%)
Gold 1,346.20 -10.10(-0.74%)
Silver 17.27 -0.21(-1.22%)
EUR/USD 1.2397 -0.0007(-0.05%)
10-Yr Bond 2.62 -0.03(-1.24%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Per CNBC, “Raymond James’ Jeffrey Saut isn’t letting the string of new record highs and soaring optimism intimidate him. He doesn’t see these factors as contrary indicators to the rally.
Saut still contends there are years remaining in the secular bull market, and his bull call sounds even louder.
“The economy is stronger than a garlic milkshake. Earnings are coming in better than people think,” the firm’s chief investment strategist said Wednesday on CNBC’s “Trading Nation.”
It’s now 12 months since the Dow broke through the 20,000 milestone, and it’s now striking distance from the 26,500 market — a more than 30 percent gain. In January alone, the Dow and S&P 500 have secured intraday all-time highs 13 times.
Despite Saut’s robust outlook that’s built on strong synchronized global growth and benefits from Trump’s tax policies, he’s still in the correction camp. He believes a textbook correction of 10 percent could happen before spring…”
Note: ICYMI, our report on the Skyline-Champion conference call is linked below.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis, and commentary.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.
Soheyla is a managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com.