Wall Street Journal (WSJ) Global Economics Editor Jon Hilsenrath is featured in today’s video on what’s behind rising bond yields, thoughts on economic confidence, and observations about the housing market.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Will GE uncover more ‘skeletons’?
- Amazon and Jeff Bezos are on top of the world
- Ex-Cambridge Analytica exec: We had access to Breitbart data
- Crypto company’s stock plunges on SEC probe
- Karl Marx €0 bills are red hot
- Men say they were arrested within minutes after arriving at Starbucks
- Fed official: It’s too early to ease post-crisis rules on US banks
- The next mega merger could be a $60 billion drug deal
- China is holding up a $44 billion US tech deal
- Most investors think 2018 is the peak year for stocks
- When student loan forgiveness plans might not be worth it
- 5 ways to afford your first home
- Watch this robot assemble an IKEA chair in minutes
- Meet the robot who can put together an IKEA chair
- Tory Burch: ‘Businesses can do well by doing good’
- Tesla is being investigated for workplace safety
- Bed Bath & Beyond is in serious trouble
- Big banks are minting money right now
- ‘A new era’: Wynn Resorts appoints 3 women to its board
- How companies silence women at work
- Senate moves to repeal Obama-era car loan rule
- Saudi Arabia ends its movie theater ban with ‘Black Panther’
- Starbucks has a bold plan to address racial bias. Will it work?
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow pares drop on report Trump not part of Russia probe
- Oil near late-2014 highs as Saudi backs higher prices
- Surging gas prices unlikely to dent SUV boom
- Global debt surges to record high, IMF says
- Tax Day 2019: Why you should start prepping now
- Puerto Rico can’t afford infrastructure fix: economist
- ‘Fearless Girl’ to find new Wall Street home near NYSE
- Trump-Amazon feud unrelated to postal audit: Mnuchin
- Wynn Resorts adds 3 female directors to board amid sexual assault claims
- Former Apple publicist: Kiss your privacy goodbye
- Nike’s executive exodus continues
- Bed Bath & Beyond nears junk status as competitive position erodes: S&P
- Finland dropping universal basic income test program: Report
- Best and worst stocks to buy right now
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,693.13 -15.51(-0.57%)
Dow 30 24,664.89 -83.18(-0.34%)
Russell 2000 1,573.81 -9.75(-0.62%)
Crude Oil 68.21 -0.26(-0.38%)
Gold 1,348.10 -5.40(-0.40%)
Silver 17.26 +0.01(+0.07%)
EUR/USD 1.235 -0.0028(-0.22%)
10-Yr Bond 2.91 +0.05(+1.64%)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The WSJ’s Global Economics Editor Jon Hilsenrath discusses the tension between the rising bond rates, movement in oil, and concerns over what rates will do to the housing market.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.