Let’s note from the top that this is just one step in the challenging road of trade negotiations with various economic players globally. The talk from China is still tough. But Mexico’s new president is hinting that there may be a deal. With that backdrop, what was announced today from the White House was a deal with the E.U., which both sides of the Atlantic’s leaders noted was ½ of the global trade.
The trade deal and earnings beats will be our featured report for this evening market spotlight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Facebook ad sales, user numbers grow despite data scandal
- Grubhub is winning the food delivery wars
- How Amazon could start managing money
- Gimme a break? Nestle suffers another blow in KitKat trademark case
- Investors are preparing for a downturn
- Walmart will chauffeur shoppers in self-driving Waymo cars
- The trade war is starting to hurt American automakers
- GM is having its worst day in 7 years
- MoviePass stock plunges 35%
- Sergio Marchionne, the CEO who saved Fiat and Chrysler, dies at 66
- Marchionne: An outsider and an original
- HBO on AT&T: No plans to ‘dilute the brand’ in pursuit of volume
- Who is ‘our friend David?’ Meet tabloid king David Pecker
- Investors aren’t freaking out about rising rates. Here’s why
- Is this as good as it gets for the economy?
- SpaceX’s latest rocket-recovery gambit misses
- Nearly half of LGBTQ Americans haven’t come out at work
- Being CEO can kill a marriage. Here’s how to prevent that
- Facebook is about to reveal whether the data scandal hurt its business
- ‘Watch Party’? Facebook’s got a new way to keep you engaged
- Delta and American Airlines give in to China’s demands over Taiwan
- Trump slams his own administration’s actions on Sinclair-Tribune deal
- When your mom or dad is also your boss
- How Netflix beat its rivals and survived the 2000s
- What’s next for Fiat Chrysler?
- GM sold these money-losers. Now they’re making millions
- Tesla’s real problem: Its scramble for cash
- GM wants you to make money with your Chevy
- Classic cars could be hurt by tariffs, too
- Breitbart’s long fall from the top
- Top Instagram influencer says: Get a real job
- Do trade wars hurt business? Ask Qualcomm
- Expectations for the Trump-Juncker meeting could hardly be lower
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Stock market jumps on US-EU trade optimism
- GM earnings: Trump tariffs take a bite out of automaker’s 2018 profit forecast
- Tax cut 2.0 plan is doomed in the Senate: Varney
- Republicans are pushing a tax cut 2.0 proposal that would make individual tax cuts permanent.
- American farmers see $12B aid package to compensate for tariffs
- Apple at risk in US-China trade conflict: report
- Former Fiat Chrysler CEO Marchionne dies
- High prices dent California home sales – where could this happen next?
- Is early retirement possible?
- Health care industry expanding into preventative measures
- Don’t cheat yourself with the 4% rule
- Here’s why Americans are moving to these states
- E-cig company Juul is being investigated for hooking teens on vaping
- Katz’s Deli, secrets behind keeping a 130-year-old business alive
- I took a ‘staycation’ and it was exactly what I needed
- Tariffs force automakers to dim earnings outlook
- Tech companies lead broad US stock rally as earnings roll in
- Why General Motors shares are falling
- Boeing 2Q profit and revenue top estimates
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Let’s begin by noting that anything can happen.
That said, what’s likely or possible from today’s news?
1) China and Russia will both feel the pressure from today’s announcement
2) Canada and Mexico will likewise feel pressure from today’s announcement
3) Those are hopeful for ongoing efforts with North Korea, and could conceivably bode well with Iran
4) If Friday’s GDP numbers are at or near 4 percent, that could send the markets higher again
5) All of this are promising for a Trump Administration on the pocket book issues that often drive voters, as the mid-terms are approaching
6) There are details still to be resolved, including autos
The chart below is a still from the first video.
Two videos, this evening from Fox.
President Trump Meets with the President of the European Commission
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.