Let’s file tonight’s feature under ‘just for fun’ with a purpose. Tonight’s short video provides tiny sense of why the American Dream is still attainable. On a good day for the markets, keep in mind that this isn’t something you could do in a truly socialist country.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- The trade war just got worse
- Blacklisting Huawei takes the US-China dispute to a dangerous new level
- Huawei: ‘All options are on the table’
- Walmart says it will raise prices because of tariffs
- Goldman Sachs makes biggest acquisition in nearly 20 years
- LIVE UPDATES Dow up 300 points at midday
- This startup is planning a flying taxi service that costs about the same as normal taxis
- Discount chain Fred’s is closing 104 more stores
- Facebook says Israeli company used fake accounts to target African elections
- SpaceX will launch its first 60 satellites to deliver internet from space
- Taco Bell is taking over a hotel. Here’s why
- Tesla is hurting but electric and self-driving cars are still a good investment
- Boeing has a ‘crisis of confidence.’ It’s time for the board to step up
- Warren Buffett just revealed he has a $900 million stake in Amazon
- The internet didn’t shrink 6% real estate commissions. This lawsuit might
- Half of us find our new home online. Why pay Realtors?
- Silicon Valley’s real estate market is finally cooling off. Sort of
- The right way to invest in real estate
- The secret market of private real estate listings
- Virtual kidnappings are rattling families across the US
- San Francisco just banned facial-recognition technology
- The fight to stay ahead of deepfake videos before the 2020 US election
- The future of robocalls: Numbers and voices you know
- Why we’re still years away from a robocall-free future
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Stocks pop on Cisco, Walmart earnings as trade fears fade
- California high-speed rail loses $929M in federal funds over ‘critical failures’
- Most expensive US infrastructure projects
- Top 20 fastest-growing retailers in the world
- Details sparse on new Trump order on telecom firms but ramifications huge
- China sells most US Treasurys since October ’16
- The ramifications of Trump’s latest executive order are huge: What to know
- $100G annual salary goes furthest in this US city, study claims
- These college internships pay nearly double what average US employees make
- Texas Senate passes revived ‘Save Chick-fil-A’ bill as deadline looms
- ‘Big Bang Theory’ made Kaley Cuoco one of the world’s highest-paid actresses: How much she’s worth
- Walmart says China tariffs will increase prices for US shoppers
- After AllianceBernstein, Amazon deals, is Nashville the country’s new economic hotspot?
- IRS could be wasting even more taxpayer dollars than it reports
- Intuit defends practices amid claims it hid free-filing options from low-income taxpayers
- FDA ordered to move forward on e-cigarette reviews: report
- Ariana Grande, other celebrities who were sued for posting paparazzi photos of themselves
- Sanders can beat Trump in 2020, Cornel West says
- Trump’s immigration plan: Which industries need high-skilled workers?
- Town Hall Highlights: Capitalism vs. Socialism
- Patriotic millionaire: Don’t just tax the rich, tax more of them
- How progressive capitalism can be the recipe for economic growth and innovation
- The catastrophic costs of socialist policies
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The Daily Business News on MHProNews looks at a variety of topics, some of which may not seem at first blush to have much to do with manufactured housing, or factory-built homes.
This is about a family that turned their son’s health issue into a business opportunity. Working ten hours a week, they earn 6 figures, and spend time together as a family. They’ve done a lot of traveling.
How does this apply to manufactured homes? Let’s just paint a simple picture, not for a ten hour a week business perhaps, but for one that would perform far better than what most manufactured home operations are currently achieving.
It starts with a simple premise. Housing is a necessity. Not many aspire to be one of the over half-a-million of the nation’s tragically homeless.
Too many in our industry have accepted a scarcity mentality. They settle for what they have. They may ‘wish’ for more but aren’t looking at how that more can be achieved.
Once someone understands the industry’s true dynamics, vs. the picture painted by the Omaha-Knoxville-Arlington axis and their allies, it becomes obvious that with some relatively modest tweaks, a good operation can become a great one that serves many times more customers monthly than they currently do.
The parents in this family in the video was creative. They literally turned a problem into an opportunity. That’s the essence of every successful business. Find a need, fill it. To do so, you don’t have to be the biggest, the cheapest, or whatever. You just have to find the way to deliver that product or service in a manner that pleases the end user so much, that they want to send their friends.
Every problem the industry faces is an opportunity in disguise, for the reality-based thinker, who is willing to break the mold, marshal the resources and talents need to do things differently than the pack.
Multibillion Dollar Opportunities Knock in Solving Affordable Housing Crisis – Masthead L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach
In a truly free enterprise system, various needs are identified. Then a means of profitably yet honestly serving those needs are established. Ideally, both the customer and product/service benefit. The happy customer(s) then tell or send their friends. That pattern repeated often enough yields success. For millions, perception is reality.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.