The Dow has topped 25,000 for the first time in history.
It’s the latest in a series of records that have led even some in the left-of-center media to admit that President Donald J. Trump’s economic policies are having a positive economic impact.
Jobs, oil, and manufactured housing will be today’s featured report, with all news charts, fresh data, and videos.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- You can start filing your 2017 taxes on …
- Intel CEO’s massive stock dump raises eyebrows
- $8 billion marijuana industry preps for a fight
- Now closing: 64 Kmart and 39 Sears stores
- Met Museum to start charging out-of-staters
- Wolff’s Trump book going on sale four days early
- Tesla stock: The new Big Short?
- Fox execs insist ‘future will be bright’
- NFL’s TV ratings drop
- Mark Zuckerberg’s 2018 goal: ‘Fixing’ Facebook
- Update your software today. Seriously.
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow hits 25K, completing fastest 1,000-point gain
- No winners in U.S. Powerball jackpot worth $460 million
- Oil at highest since 2015 on inventory drawdown, Iran unrest
- Trump administration aims to open nearly all US offshore waters to drilling
- Amazon will acquire Target to grow their business: Gene Munster
- Sears Holdings to close 103 Kmart and Sears stores
- Offshore drilling shares rise as Trump moves to expand production
- Weinstein Co. close to sale for less than $500 million
- Trump’s college football title game trip prompts extra security
- Michael Wolff’s Trump tell-all ‘Fire and Fury’ hits No. 1 on Amazon, publisher expedites release
- Infrastructure can be bipartisan, despite DC fighting: Trent Lott
- Trump’s tax reform could dent the golf industry
- Game Changer: The $850,000 blindness drug
- McDonald’s relaunches ‘Dollar Menu’ amid fast food wars
- Macy’s is closing these stores
- The Bannon uproar is nasty politics and a distraction: Varney
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
S&P 500 2,723.99 +10.93(+0.40%)
Dow 30 25,075.13 +152.45(+0.61%)
Nasdaq 7,077.91 +12.38(+0.18%)
Russell 2000 1,555.72 +3.15(+0.20%)
Crude Oil 61.89 +0.26(+0.42%)
Gold 1,324.00 +5.50(+0.42%)
Silver 17.27 +0.00(+0.02%)
EUR/USD 1.207 +0.0058(+0.48%)
10-Yr Bond 2.45 +0.01(+0.25%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
When the left-of-center New York Times publishes an admission that the Trump effect is real, is it time for “never Trumpers” across the political spectrum to sit up and take notice? Will this market surge, and economic growth lead to a pro-Trump wave, instead of the widely anticipated anti-Trump wave Democrats have predicted?
Who recalls President Clinton’s strategist, James Carville’s famous quip – “It’s the economy, stupid.” The first video released today that is shown below is from left-of-center CNBC, with the second from right of center, Fox Business.
With job creations – including among minorities, as the president promised – surging, and wages going up and expected to keep rising, what message will Trump opponents use to derail the growth that is too big to hide?
The chart from left-of-center Bloomberg is another reminder of what could be coming for manufactured housing. Publicly traded firms routinely say in their reports to share holders that more jobs, more energy-sector jobs leads to more manufactured home sales.
If so, 2018 promises to be another year of industry growth. It’s worth speculating, once more higher-paying Alaskan energy jobs open up, will factory-built home shipments to that state surge?
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis, commentary.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.