FBN’s Charlie Gasparino, Circle Squared CEO Jeff Sica and B. Riley FBR chief market strategist Art Hogan address the market selloff in today video, which set almost every manufactured housing equity tumbling. That will be our focus for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Broadcom says letter calling for security review of its $19 billion merger is fake
- Should USA Today have published Trump’s op-ed?
- Top tech execs will help Saudi Arabia build its mega city of the future
- Investors need to pay closer attention to China
- AT&T’s WarnerMedia plans to launch new streaming service in late 2019
- Why Exxon is spending $1 million to push for a carbon tax
- Wells Fargo customers are fed up. They could yank billions of dollars in deposits
- CVS and Aetna’s game-changing merger gains crucial approval
- Colin Kaepernick wants to trademark his image
- Vanity Fair editor is setting a new tone
- How Instagram is changing the way we eat out
- How to climb the investment ladder in real estate
- Tech leads stocks lower in the worst day since February
- Watch: Dow drops more than 800 points
- See the data: Nasdaq plunges 4%
- Analysis: Are profits close to peaking?
- What kills a bull market?
- Why investors are reacting to populism and political turmoil
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- US stocks plunge 832 points led by big tech companies
- Democrats push health care vote ahead of midterm elections
- Why surging gas prices may not stop consumers from spending
- Taylor Swift slam of Marsha Blackburn draws lawmaker’s rebuttal
- Trump lifts ethanol rule in move that may lower gas prices
- Sears is preparing to file for bankruptcy: report
- Social Security checks to rise? A look at past adjustments
- Where you should live after retiring
- Here are 2019’s best places to retire
- Papa John’s stock is on the rise as this company seeks to take it over
- Kennedy: Hillary Clinton is without a message or a party
- Trump gives big US razor makers exemption from steel tariffs
- Recapping the downfall of Sears’ once iconic brand
- MLB’s Justin Verlander on tough career decisions: ‘Go with your gut’
- Trump store takes on NFL with ‘Stand up for America’ football jerseys
- Drew Brees, the NFL’s 3rd-highest paid player ever, is worth this whopping amount
- 9 mistakes to avoid before retirement
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Today’s video was recorded before the closing bell, and the markets moved further down after that report. But the discussion is still relevant. Fox Business (FBN) Charlie Gasaprino noted some reasons not to panic.
- Higher interest rates, expected.
- Unwinding of the Fed balance sheet, expected.
- Chinese Finance Ministry, “optimistic” on a “trade war breakthrough.” said FBN’s Liz Clayman. Clayman was surprised that such a comment from China didn’t cause a market spike.
- Corporate earnings are expected to be solid for the third quarter.
Circle Squared CEO Jeff Sica said this is a modest amount of volatility, but he believes the trade war is the larger issue.
Art Hogan, B. Riley FBR Chief Market Strategist, thinks the U.S China trade deal may be “next year’s business.”
If so, there better be a Trump Administration team in place with enough allies on Capitol Hill.
Gasparino expressed concerns that the Trump Tax Cuts would produce enough growth. It’s a common theme among many in the mainstream media.
But underreported is the fact that there is already a surge in individual tax receipts in Washington, following the tax cuts. That’s part of the historic pattern during the Kennedy and Reagan administration tax cuts. Can the surge in other sectors of tax collections be far behind?
There’s also more tax money coming in from repatriation from overseas.
The Obama Administration accelerated the deficit-debt spiral that began under the POTUS 43 Bush Administration. With razor thin margins in the Senate, it will take more control there and in the House to begin to do the serious budget reforms that are necessary to fully address the growing debt.
But there is every reason to think that historic trends will prevail. “We Provide, You Decide.” ©
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.