The federal government has closed the books on their 2018 fiscal year. It made headlines, with more red ink than any year since 2012. That and some comments on retail numbers will be our featured report this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Sears bankruptcy brings back fond memories for customers, even if they haven’t shopped there in a while
- Deficit balloons to highest level since 2012
- It’s time for Netflix to prove it’s still the king
- TIMELINE From 1886 to today, take a look at 132 years of Sears history
- Landlords across America are cheering Sears’ bankruptcy
- These Kmart and Sears stores are closing soon
- Priscilla Chan’s $61 billion mission to help the next generation
- PERSPECTIVES Melinda Gates: We can use tech to help lift people out of poverty
- JPMorgan and Ford bosses pull out of Saudi Arabia’s ‘Davos in the desert’
- The Bay Area’s tech boom is hurting businesses
- New York Times shuts down $11,995 Saudi Arabia tours
- Retailers wake up to opportunity in plus-size clothing
- E-Commerce Guide by CNN Underscored
- The world’s first smart, reusable notebook is now less than $20
- Saudi Arabia could use its oil to retaliate. But that has big risks
- Saudi Arabia is No. 2 supplier of oil to the United States
- Saudi Arabia owns (at least) $166.8 billion in US debt
- Here’s who is still planning to attend Saudi Arabia’s big conference
- SoftBank’s deep ties with Saudi Arabia are making investors nervous
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Trump rips Sears leadership over bankruptcy: ‘It’s a shame’
- Sears bankruptcy: Walmart, Target and retailers could see a sales boost
- What Sears’ bankruptcy means for shoppers
- Sears’ CEO shakeup: Bankrupt retailer now run by three executives
- Whirlpool says Sears bankruptcy will have ‘very limited’ impact
- Stocks down to start the week
- Democrats have no plan for prosperity: Varney
- Trump signs landmark music bill: what to know
- USA Gymnastics head apologizes for anti-Nike post
- Saudi Reporter Backlash
- Why Saudi Arabia is valuable to Trump
- Dimon, Fink pulling out of Saudi conference
- Saudi Arabia faces backlash from Branson, other businesses over missing writer
- Continue to Saudi Reporter Backlash
- Processed American cheese is dying, here’s why
- US stock market bubble is worse than one that led to 2008 crash
- Allies soften tone on US trade policy: Here’s why
- US federal government posts widest deficit since 2012
- Here’s how much it costs to buy a McDonald’s franchise
- How much Uber, Lyft drivers really make
- FOX Business Network unveils new primetime lineup
- Here are 2019’s best places to retire
- Social Security checks to rise by most since 2012
- These states spend the most money on welfare
- Continue to Personal Finance
- Salute to American Success
- ‘Started from scratch’: The evolution of Adirondack Creamery
- Protein bar makers turn $10,000 into $600M after selling company to food giant
New York City real estate powerhouse led by a mother-daughter team
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Reuters reports that “The U.S. federal government closed the 2018 fiscal year $779 billion in the red as tax cuts hit revenues and the government paid more to service a growing national debt, according to Treasury Department data released on Monday.” That’s for a 12 month period the largest since 2012, and of course some are blaming the tax cuts.
That said, interest rates are rising, which means that a larger share of federal tax dollars are going to debt service.
Further, tax collections of individual rates are actually at a historic high, after the tax cuts.
The pattern is already akin to what occurred during the Kennedy and Reagan administrations. A discussion of some of the economic numbers is in the video below.
Strong HUD Code Production Growth in August 2018 | Manufactured Housing Association Regulatory Reform
Washington, D.C., October 3, 2018 – The Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR) reports that according to official statistics compiled on behalf of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), strong year-over-year manufactured housing industry production growth continued in August 2018.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.