If you clicked on that headline, you aren’t alone. A growing number of manufactured housing industry professionals – including those who don’t consider themselves to be very ‘political’ – are waking up to the realization that politics very much impacts their business, jobs, and money. Others, of course, have long made that connection. Before and after the market snapshots, closing tickers, and bullets that moved the markets, you’ll find our featured report for tonight, which is a snapshot of the how the looming midterms could impact manufactured housing and your money.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Dow rallies but still has worst week since March
- A look back at Wall Street’s wild week
- Hackers accessed personal information of 30 million Facebook users
- Silicon Valley wrestles with Saudi Arabia ties
- Saudi Arabia’s bid to transform its oil-dependent economy is at risk
- ANALYSIS Stocks couldn’t rise forever. Here’s what’s going on
- Wells Fargo’s deposits and loans shrink despite strong economy
- Jamie Dimon is feeling good
- A shortage of tech workers led this company to start recruiting in middle school
- Scooter companies may have found a loophole in cities’ limitations
- E-Commerce Guide by CNN Underscored
- The world’s first smart, reusable notebook is now less than $20
- faces a critical debt maturity next week. Photographer: Patrick T. Fallon/Bloomberg via Getty Images
- Sears’ bankruptcy appears imminent. It has 3 days to come up with $134 million
- Sears stock plunges on report it stopped paying vendors
- Believe it or not, Sears once revolutionized retail
- How Casper drove Mattress Firm into bankruptcy
- Why JCPenney is in serious trouble
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Dow jumps 287 points, stocks rebound after rough week
- White House will announce cannabis reform plan ‘very soon’
- These states spend the most money on welfare
- China’s Sept. trade surplus with US widens to record $34.13B
- US, China trade war might end soon, Asia expert says
- Amazon may be forced to start paying the US Postal Service more
- What to do if you win the lottery
- US stock market bubble bigger than one preceding 2008 crash: Analyst
- Heineken looks to go booze-free in 2019?
- JPMorgan Chase’s Jamie Dimon on Trump: No president wants interest rates to rise
- Leon Cooperman leaves hedge fund business, but he isn’t going quietly
- Bad news for home buyers
- 10 best places to retire, and all are east of the Mississippi
- Americans have the biggest homes in these states
- Why oil prices could get even higher
- Why midterm elections won’t crush Trump’s ‘major accomplishments’
- Top concerns investors have about winning the lottery
- Toyota issues recall for air bag flaw
- Job hunting? Construction hiring is booming
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
There are some asking the question, what blue wave? Will it be a red tide? It’s not quite that easy, either way. For example in Florida – the #3 manufactured housing state in the nation in recent years – self-professed Democratic Socialist Andrew Gillum – who is getting support from Bernie Sanders, the Obamas and the Clintons – is slightly ahead of the surging Ron DeSantis, who is backed by POTUS Trump.
In the state of Texas, Democrat Beto O’Rourke has just raised a record amount of money in his serious challenge to incumbent U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (GOP-R). In fact, the ratio of money raised in the last FEC filing was almost $3 for O’Rourke to $1 for Cruz.
While the polling in the contest at one point favored the Democrat, Cruz is beginning to pull away and create some daylight in his lead over O’Rourke.
But it isn’t over in this or any other race ‘until the fat lady sings.’ For those of you who didn’t know, my hubby says that is a term from opera, where the ‘fat lady’ singing would often end the performance.
From Knoxville, TN Taylor Swift vs. Marsha Blackburn
Marsha Blackburn leads Democrat Bredeson by 5 points: poll
Our exclusive report that shows the Claytons support for the Democrat, and more inside baseball details, are linked below.
The Kanye Effect?
The economy is a huge issue for millions, and of course President Trump is trying to “nationalize” many races by making it a referendum about his economic, job growth and foreign policy agenda. A snapshot of the HUGE money being placed by billionaires and others into the race for Democrats, the growing role of the Obamas and the Clintons in the race are part of our featured report, linked below.
No place in MHVille is providing anything like the coverage we’ve been generating about the midterms, which are now just 3.5 weeks out. Do what others are doing. Share your emailed news updates. Share a link with others. And of course, vote.
For those who have not caught a Trump rally recently, go to YouTube – and type in Trump Rally Today – or watch it on CSPAN. What you’ll see is the kind of enthusiasm that lifted Marsha Blackburn from behind to ahead. You’ll also hear the candidates and the president talk about issues without a media filter. For our report yesterday on Kanye, with his White House video, see the report in the evening spotlight, at the link below.
It’s your money, your future, and the opportunity to keep this growing economy and improving job prospects momentum going. “We Provide, You Decide.” ©
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.