“The Coming Collapse of China” author Gordon Chang discusses why the U.S. would win a potential trade war with China. With that being a hot topic, that will be our focus for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Citibank fined $100 million for interest rate manipulation
- China: ‘The US has launched a trade war’
- The US just made a bad week for the global economy even worse
- Dow falls as US-China trade wars intensify
- From ‘Solo’ to ‘Incredibles 2’: How Disney moves on from a box office setback
- Time Warner unveils its new name: WarnerMedia
- New Time Warner head: CNN has ‘special social responsibility’
- ‘Fox & Friends’ interview caps Trump’s wild media week
- He wanted to help kids learn. Now, his startup serves 90% of classrooms
- Amid immigration crackdown, this avocado farmer is struggling to find workers
- This concrete can trap CO2 emissions forever
- How to put an end to vacation shaming
- What’s really going on with wages in America
- Americans are spending like mad again
- Facebook’s top policy and communications exec steps down
- Top White House communications aide has history of rhetoric strongly critical of Trump
- SpinLaunch says it will launch rockets using no fossil fuels
- Kentucky sues Walgreens for its role in the opioid crisis
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette fires editorial cartoonist
- Why diapers are in trouble: Americans are having fewer babies
- Elon Musk spends his own money to buy Tesla shares, again
- Chicago picks Elon Musk company to build transportation system
- Inside the dismantling of GE
- GE changed our lives. Why is it struggling?
- Nintendo’s disappointing E3 announcements send stock plunging
- More black women are running startups, but their funding still lags
- European Central Bank sets end date for $3 trillion stimulus program
- Fed raises interest rates and signals faster hikes are on the way
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- China retaliates against Trump’s $50B in tariffs, slaps tariffs worth as much on US goods
- Stocks pressured by potential trade war
- Next steps in US-China trade negotiations
- US economy on track for 4% GDP growth?
- All Apple employees now have standing desks. Here’s why
- The iPhone chief says he believes sitting is the “new cancer.”
- DOJ is leaning toward appealing AT&T-Time Warner ruling: Charlie Gasparino
- Major companies have announced big layoffs this month. Here’s a look
- Oil down sharply – will gasoline prices to follow?
- First Dads: The parenting styles of U.S. presidents
- Naval Academy to Nike: Stop using logo similar to our crest
- Why Trump’s solar panel tariff is hurting this US company
- What is a backdoor Roth IRA?[overlay type]THE BOOMER
- What is a backdoor Roth IRA?
- Comcast Clears EU Hurdle in $29 Billion Bid for Sky
- AT&T completes Time Warner takeover
- Americans feel power to spend
- 5-day Facebook vacation will reduce stress levels
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Award winning MHIndustry veteran Marty Lavin, JD, weighed in a few weeks ago on the topic of trade wars.
Lavin raised several issues, such as these:
“When a trading partner has rules heavily skewed in their direction, as in the case of China, it is very difficult to achieve free trade.
- Does each party have similar access to the other’s markets?
- Are tariffs similar?
- Are privately owned companies in the U.S. competing against government backed Chinese companies who can survive long after a privately-owned U.S. company would be long gone, and thus undercutting its pricing?
- And most importantly, does the other country operate in a relatively free market?”
Lavin’s full discussion is linked below.
Free Trade or Economic War? Marty Lavin, JD, is an award winning manufactured housing industry veteran in the arenas of communities, retail and finance.
The “US has overwhelming leverage,” said Gordon Chang on Twitter today.
“Also years of freckles [sic] trade policies means there are no more no-cost solutions.”
While Chang’s concerns about taking on Canada and other U.S. allies is debatable, his points on China are worth considering.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.