There are some scratching their heads as to why manufactured housing’s number #1 professional publication is spending time in the evening market report looking at China, trade, and tariffs? Or why Marty Lavin, MHI award winner – and MH finance, community and retail pro – has sounded off on the hot national issue?
Those questions will be answered, along with insightful videos from CNN and Fox – both sides of the left-right media spectrum, as part of the Daily Business News’ featured report tonight, further below.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Facebook is the worst of the Big Tech stocks
- The biggest Black Lives Matter page on Facebook is fake
- The stock market can’t figure out Trump’s trade policy
- The deficit report card is in. Trillion dollars is now the new normal.
- A former refugee, she’s now the first Latina CEO of a major US company
- New Medicare cards are in the mail. Just beware of scams
- See Mark Zuckerberg on Capitol Hill
- What Mark Zuckerberg will tell Congress: It’s my fault
- Apple co-founder ‘disgusted’ with Facebook, deactivates account
- Deutsche Bank’s CEO is out
- How the founder of Patron and John Paul Mitchell Systems got his start
- US-China trade battle: How we got here
- Your China-US trade fight questions, answered
- Big banks are ready for their close-up
- 4 things keeping you from retirement savings (and how to fix them)
- How states are changing teacher pension plans
- Jimmy Kimmel apologizes for jabs at Sean Hannity
- Ad boycott continues, but Laura Ingraham is coming back
- ‘Black Panther’ passes ‘Titanic’ at the box office
- New York Times top editor: ‘This is a crisis in American journalism’
- Sinclair allows critical ad to air, sandwiched between its defense
- ‘SNL’ returns to take shots at Donald Trump and Fox News
- How to retire by 40: 3 proven tips
- Looking to buy your first home? Good luck with that
- The case for big business in America
- Uber buys a bikeshare company as it looks beyond cars
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Did Cambridge Analytica access your Facebook data? How to check
- Zuckerberg faces Capitol Hill grilling: What to expect
- Stocks pare gains after FBI raid of Trump lawyer’s office
- Monsanto surges as $60B sale to Bayer said cleared by DOJ
- Tax cuts to strengthen economic growth, raise deficit: CBO
- Americans face highest prices at the pump in years
- ‘Black Panther’ toy shortage said to be overblown after box office smash
- An analyst says inventory related to the film is “pretty normal and healthy.”
- Opioid crisis worse than Pablo Escobar era: ex-DEA agents
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle ask for donations to charity instead of gifts
- American energy damaging Russian influence in Europe: Rick Perry
- Southwest makes world’s best airlines list
- Rick Scott, multimillionaire, sets stage for expensive congressional race
- Earnings season preview: What you need to know
- Apple co-founder Wozniak leaves Facebook
- Lumber trade war slaughtering US construction industry
- Uber, Lyft stand to gain from Medicare Advantage benefit expansion
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,613.16 +8.69(+0.33%)
Dow 30 23,979.10 +46.34(+0.19%)
Nasdaq 6,950.34 +35.23(+0.51%)
Russell 2000 1,514.46 +1.17(+0.08%)
Crude Oil 63.29 +1.23(+1.98%)
Gold 1,339.60 +3.50(+0.26%)
Silver 16.49 +0.12(+0.75%)
EUR/USD 1.23 +0.00(+0.31%)
10-Yr Bond 2.79 +0.01(+0.40%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Manufactured housing producers use products that are produced and or use materials made in China.
China’s economy, per CNN’s Fareed Zakaria, as gobbled up a big chunk of American production capacity, which harmed American workers and their companies.
The president has said that the matter should have been settled years ago, but both Democrats and Republicans in the Oval Office punted. President Trump isn’t punting.
China’s retaliatory threats target to a significant degreee American farmers, who have tilted Trump. Are they trying to influence the upcoming mid-terms, speculate political experts?
Anyone going to school in the U.S. after WW II has learned the breakdown in world trade was a primary, though not only, cause of the Great Depression. It is said import tariffs and barriers caused world trade to be constrained. There is little doubt it was a cause.
The reasons why Lavin has sounded off on this issue are obvious to those step back and see just how important this issue is to national security, American industry and thus to manufactured housing.
CNN’s Fareed Zakaria
Fox’s Tucker Carlson
Fox Business – This will pass, and Buy the Dip.
Give the president his due. It’s a huge issue, and he’s taking the bull by the horns. He has critics on this across the partisan divide. Time will reveal the wisdom of his course of action.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.