“We will vote today to reopen the government to continue negotiating a global agreement [on immigration reform] with the commitment that if an agreement isn’t reached by February the 8th, the Senate will immediately proceed to consideration of legislation dealing with DACA,” Chuck Schumer, Democratic Minority Leader said on the Senate floor, per CNBC. “We expect that a bipartisan bill on DACA will receive fair consideration and an up or down vote on the floor.”
What Schumer didn’t say is that the deal today was much the same as on Friday. He and his fellow Democrats, blinked.
While there are polls that indicated that both parties were being harmed by the shutdown, some polling suggested that the Democrats were being hurt more than the GOP. In the wake of the vote to re-open the non-essential parts of the federal government stocks soared to new highs today. That will be our focus.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Bud no longer tops America’s 3 favorite beers
- Americans aren’t worried about losing their jobs
- This is the calmest stock market rally in history
- Netflix adds a record 8 million subscribers
- American sedans are vanishing
- Infant SSNs are for sale on the dark web
- Largest East Coast oil refinery goes bankrupt
- Russia faces 6 more years of stagnation under Putin
- Rupert Murdoch to Facebook: pay up
- Do you have stock market FOMO?
- Facebook launches contest to boost internet security
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Wall Street hits record highs as government shutdown winds down
- Senate moves to end government shutdown
- Oil prices soften as Libyan output undermines 2018 rally
- Tax cuts will boost restaurants, US economy: Red Lobster CEO
- Rupert Murdoch: Facebook, Google should pay news publishers
- GOP super PAC readied attack ads against Democrats amid shutdown
- United Airlines expands service to Minneapolis for Super Bowl LII
- Need a job? Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are hiring
- Netflix crosses $100B market cap on robust subscriber growth
- Flu season could cost employers $9.4 billion this year
- Democrats shut the government to support illegals: Varney
- FBN’s Stuart Varney weighs in on the federal government shutdown.
- Bitcoin should not be banned, but regulation is important: Sheila Bair
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,832.97 +22.67(+0.81%)
Dow 30 26,214.60 +142.88(+0.55%)
Nasdaq 7,408.03 +71.65(+0.98%)
Russell 2000 1,605.17 +7.54(+0.47%)
Crude Oil 63.66 +0.29(+0.46%)
Gold 1,334.30 +1.20(+0.09%)
Silver 17.01 -0.02(-0.12%)
EUR/USD 1.2262 +0.0042(+0.35%)
10-Yr Bond 2.665 +0.026(+0.99%
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Dow surges 142 points to record, erasing earlier losses as Senate reaches deal to end shutdown
- The Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq composite rose to all-time highs.
- Members of the senate reached a short-term compromise to keep the government open through Feb. 8.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.