If analyst Dick Bove is correct, the Warren Buffett-Jamie Dimon plan could spell trouble for investors. That will be our focus report for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- American companies are paying the price for Trump’s Iran policy
- GE wants to be a traffic cop for drones
- Facebook bug set 14 million users’ sharing settings to public
- Tariffs aren’t the biggest problem for American exporters
- Buffett, Dimon and Bezos have a CEO for their health care venture
- 76ers president Bryan Colangelo resigns over social media scandal
- Uber wants to patent a way to use AI to identify drunk passengers
- After the crisis, Silicon Valley overtook Wall Street as the place to be
- US cuts a deal with Chinese smartphone maker ZTE
- What is ZTE, and why does the US think it’s a national security threat?
- Ikea bans all single use plastic from its stores and restaurants
- MIT scientists created an AI-powered ‘psychopath’ named Norman
- Legal marijuana could spark a $4 billion industry in Canada
- EU to punch back at US with $3.3 billion in tariffs next month
- President Trump is dressed as a king on the new Time magazine cover
- 36% of colleges are hiding the cost to students
- Should I pay off my debt or save for emergencies first?
- LeBron and the Cavs are in trouble, but Nike is a champ
- BlackBerry still hopes its keyboard keeps fans coming back
- Kim Jong Un’s regime is using US technology, researchers find
- 6,000 jobs at risk in UK’s latest retail casualty
- Why people aren’t feeling the strength of the economy
- Plane tickets are about to get more expensive
- London Stock Exchange loses an hour of trading over technical glitch
- Europe asks US to spare its companies from Iran sanctions
- Mexico imposes tariffs on $3 billion worth of US exports
- Samantha Bee’s on-air mea culpa: ‘Sorry for breaking America’
- Read Samantha Bee’s full on-air apology
- Ex-Fox News analyst: Fox has become ‘destructive propaganda machine’
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Lawmakers eyeing Facebook, Google business models
- Dow boosted by energy stocks, McDonald’s
- 200 CEOs – including Dimon, Buffett – urge companies to make this change
- Kraft Heinz paying kids slapped with lemonade stand fines
- Big coal producer pushing Trump to end ‘dangerous’ war on coal
- Starbucks hikes coffee prices, but why?
- Jamie Dimon mulling a run for public office?
- Bitcoin bashing: buyers beware?
- Need a job? This Texas city is desperately looking for workers
- McDonald’s US turnaround plan may include layoffs
- There’s hope for Republicans, even in the bluest of states: Varney
- How the truck driver shortage impacts you
- Starbucks’ Howard Schultz rips Democrats for going too far left
- The serious consequences of defaulting on your student loans
- Buffett, Bezos, Dimon’s health care venture a step closer to reality
- Coal company owned by West Virginia gov’s family adds jobs
- Putin says Russian military not building long-term in Syria
- President Vladimir Putin says he’s confident of Russia’s long-term economic growth.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
CNBC provided the following bullets on concerns over a new plan advanced by Warren Buffett, Chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, the parent company for the manufactured housing industry’s largest conglomerate. Their video interview with Buffett and Dimon are also shown, for balance.
- A proposal by Jamie Dimon and Warren Buffett to end quarterly earnings guidance drew considerable acclaim but also scattered criticism, including a sharp rebuke from an analyst who’s been in the business for more than half a century.
- The idea is “misguided” in that it would increase market volatility by reducing information and actually increasing speculation, said Dick Bove, a strategist at Hilton Capital Management, who has been a widely followed and sometimes contrarian voice in the financial markets since 1965.
- “We’re driving the market on rumor and innuendo, we’re driving the market to high-velocity trading, we’re driving it in all these directions that say knowledge has no value,” Bove said in an interview. “These two guys are at the top of the list saying knowledge has no value, therefore we don’t want to give it to you.“
- Dimon, who runs the largest bank in the U.S. as J.P. Morgan Chase CEO, and Buffett, the legendary head of industrial conglomerate Berkshire Hathaway, rocked Wall Street with their suggestion that corporate executives should stop providing future profit estimates during quarterly earnings presentations.
- In a Wall Street Journal op-ed Thursday, and a joint CNBC interview, the duo bemoaned the short-term thinking plaguing market activity.
- “In our experience, quarterly earnings guidance often leads to an unhealthy focus on short-term profits at the expense of long-term strategy, growth and sustainability,” they wrote.
- J.P. Morgan representatives did not respond to a request for further comment on Bove’s remarks. A Berkshire spokesman pointed to a portion of the op-ed noting that “transparency about financial and operating results is an essential aspect of U.S. markets” and advocates for quarterly reporting to continue, minus the forward-looking aspect.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.