Investors crave certainty. In a true constitutional republic, they should have that, but many if not most Americans may not know what those words actually mean. Sad and costly.
In the wake of the 2016 election, stocks began their record runup. But as the elections of 2018 approached political uncertainty likely fueled investor uncertainty. Right-of-center Barron’s has reported on their polling results of “big money managers” and those polling results will be reflected below. On a day decidedly mixed day on manufactured home tracked stocks, with NASDAQ and the Russell dropping while the Dow and S&P rose, the Barron’s survey results will be our focused report this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- iPhone sales are in a tailspin
- But Apple is throwing money at investors with dividends and buybacks to distract from that fact
- LIVE UPDATES Eric Schmidt to depart from Alphabet’s board
- Facebook debuts new look and features to help move past ‘old issues’
- See all the announcements Facebook and Instagram made today
- The new Oculus shows how far VR has come. It’s still not enough
- Americans are spending on their dogs and cats like children. That’s a boon for Chewy
- LIVE FROM MILKEN Why the government considers superbugs to be a threat to national security
- PERSPECTIVES Big Tech can’t be trusted. It’s time for regulation
- The last time the Fed cut rates as much as Trump wants was 2008 when the sky was falling
- What the uprising in Venezuela means for oil markets around the world
- Here’s how companies can clear the way for more women to climb the corporate ladder
- Venezuela government takes CNN and BBC off the air
- Amazon posts its first job listings for HQ2
- Starbucks rolls out summer menu with a hot pink Dragon Drink
- Instagram is testing hiding your likes
- America is running out of Impossible Burgers
- ‘Game of Thrones’ epic battle sets viewership record
- Cannabis stocks can be a lucrative — but risky — bet
- This new fund makes investing in marijuana easier than ever
- These hemp farmers are making a killing on the CBD industry
- Neiman Marcus. America’s stores are taking the leap into cannabis products
- Suddenly, CBD is everywhere. Here’s what’s next
- Americans are treating their pets like children. That’s good news for Chewy
- Kohl’s won over moms. Now it’s going after Millennials
- The future of Lululemon: Men’s clothes, shampoo and bags
- Hundreds of old Sears stores are empty. Amazon and Whole Foods might move in
- Why Ikea is opening a tiny store in New York
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Apple’s services business strong as earnings, revenue top expectations
- Amazon started to hire for its new HQ2. Here’s a look
- S&P 500 notches 3rd straight record high as quarterly earnings pour in
- EXCLUSIVE: Sprint’s ‘failing’ finances factor in T-Mobile’s $26B tie-up
- Wilbur Ross: Venezuela ‘boiling point’ close, Juan Guaido may topple socialist regime
- US grounding of Boeing 737 Max fleet was ‘embarrassing,’ former Northwest Airlines executive
- Mulvaney on Venezuela: Russians, Cubans ‘not supposed to get involved’
- Ray Dalio tops the hedge fund ‘rich’ list with $2 billion salary
- Google parent Alphabet loses $70B in market value after weak results
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Netflix documentary: What to know
- Elizabeth Warren rips Chase Bank over ‘Monday motivation’ tweet
- Kamala Harris’ ‘right to work ban’ is pandering to unions for 2020 financial backing: The Hill’s Kristin Tate
- States where Americans have highest levels of student loan debt
- What to expect from the Fed’s meeting this week
- Top 25 fastest-disappearing jobs in the US
- China’s President Xi uses ‘Game of Thrones’ reference as warning to foreign leaders
- These jobs have the fastest growing wages
- 10 jobs that still come with a traditional pension
- The key 2020 tax step you should take now
- Trump’s steel tariffs stand in way of next US shale revolution
- Trish Regan: Illegal border crossing is big business for criminal cartels
- Military financial literacy improving, but it needs to start sooner
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Let’s be clear. It is far too early for these polls to be a true indicator of who may win the election in 2020. There are way too many possible surprises that can take place.
That said, polls like this are useful as a sense of what investors – in the case of the Barron’s poll – are thinking. It produced a result similar to a one-on-one poll between Joe Biden (D) vs. POTUS Donald J. Trump published early this morning, but there is far more detail tonight — and more topics covered.
Let’s dive into the result of their polling.
Per Barron’s, “In the spring survey, as with last fall’s, we asked participants to share their views on political and policy issues. Based on poll results, America’s money managers are pretty pleased with President Donald Trump. A plurality of managers responding to our spring poll gave the president a B grade for his performance since November’s midterm elections. A strong majority of 63% graded him C or better.”
Let’s run through the various charts, and then tie a bow on it via our related reports.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.