We reported Friday that it was the best first quarter in years. If stocks kept up this pace, before the end of this week, the leading markets would have recaptured – and surpassed – all time highs. Left-of-center CNBC interviewed 5 analysts which will be our focus this evening on a good day for most manufactured home tracked stocks.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- IPO mania? Not so fast
- Lyft’s Wall Street debut doesn’t come close to the insanity of the 1990s — here’s why
- LIVE UPDATES US markets finish higher; Dow closes up more than 300 points
- Lyft falls below IPO price on second day of trading
- Siemens exec: Brexit is turning the UK into a ‘laughing stock’
- Airbnb invests in India’s biggest hotel company
- Facebook removes accounts linked to Indian political parties as election looms
- China’s factories are picking up new orders and hiring workers again
- Saudi Aramco is the most profitable company in the world
- Jeff Bezos investigator: Saudi Arabia obtained private information
- ANALYSIS Fox News apologizes for ‘3 Mexican countries’ headline
- When $30,000 property taxes hit a little harder
- A package of Kellogg Co. Keebler brand Simply Made chocolate
- Kellogg sells Keebler and Famous Amos to get out of cookies
- ANALYSIS Why hitting the Fed’s ‘panic button’ would be a bad idea for the economy
- Burger King is testing out an Impossible Whopper. This is why
- Wells Fargo’s CEO is out. Here’s how the bank can end its crisis
- Tim Sloan’s pay rose to $18.4 million last year
- The bank has splurged on stock buybacks since fake-accounts scandal
- ‘I begged them for help’: Wells Fargo foreclosure nightmare
- Gwyneth Paltrow speaks onstage at the In goop Health Summit at 3Labs on June 9, 2018 in Culver City, California.
- Gwyneth Paltrow on feeling like an impostor CEO
- SoulCycle CEO: We aren’t a fad
- Dollar Shave Club wants to be more than just a razor
- We asked CNN Business readers what makes a great boss. Here’s what you said
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- These industries could be impacted by a border shutdown
- Dow pops 329 points on China manufacturing data
- Opinion: Investing in families now is a down payment in our nation’s future
- Tesla price hike imminent: What to know
- Here’s how much 2020 Democratic candidates have raised
- Piscopo: ‘SNL’ handing Trump 2020 election
- 10 high-paying jobs that let you travel the world
- These are the pros and cons of the 11 best retirement plans
- Attention homeowners: This is the best week to sell your house
- Planet Hollywood, Buca di Beppo data breach exposed credit card info on 2M diners: Report
- Last Blockbuster store on Earth located in US, as Australian location closes
- Potential fire risks in vehicles cause US regulators to probe Hyundai, Kia
- What happens if ObamaCare is ruled unconstitutional?
- Boeing Max jet stall-prevention system active in Ethiopian Airlines crash, report
- Drug-pricing crackdown leads big pharma to try to fix its reputation
- America’s community banks in danger of extinction due to credit union tax loophole
- The new retirement: Watchin’ the sun bake on my front porch swing
- Varney: If Democrats demand endless probes, they should be held accountable
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
“Stocks jumped on Monday as strong manufacturing data out of the U.S. and China eased worries of a possible global economic slowdown,” said CNBC.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 329.74 points to 26,258.42…Monday’s session also marked the Dow’s first close above 26,000 since Feb. 26.
- The S&P 500 climbed 1.2 percent to 2,867.19 as the financials sector outperformed.
- The Nasdaq Composite closed 1.3 percent higher at 7,828.91 on gains from Facebook, Amazon, Netflix and Alphabet.
“The momentum is still positive and we’re constantly drifting higher,” said Michael Katz, partner at Seven Points Capital. “Barring any bad news, that’s going to be the case until we do get some sort of bigger piece of macro news.”
While the economy may not have quite the steam it did in 2018, following the tax cuts, there are still plenty of positive indicators that the market is performing significantly better during this administration than the prior one, when much of the markets were arguably being propped up by Fed policies, QEs, and other artificial stimulus, like the cash for clunkers, etc.
See Related Reports for More Macro and MH Industry Indicators.
Debunking the Trailer Trash Stigma for Affordable, Modern Manufactured Housing for Residents, Home Shoppers – manufacturedhomelivingnews.com
There are few turn-offs that are arguably worse to manufactured home owners and residents than that of ‘trailer trash.’ First, it is unjust. Second, there have been no mobile homes since June 15, 1976. The ‘trailer house’ era ended roughly 2 decades before then.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.