Wages and capital spending by businesses are going up. The Michigan Survey of Consumer Sentiment is at a high since the early 2000, says White House Council of Economic Advisors Chairman Kevin Hassett.
Duh, as industry pros know, happy and confident consumers are more likely to buy big ticket items, like a manufactured home. The interview with Hassett will be our focus for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Senate moves to repeal Obama-era car loan rule
- Why you got an extra day to file your taxes
- Amazon and Best Buy partner to sell smart TVs
- 1 million Americans are counting on Congress to save their pensions
- The high cost of taking away prisoners’ Medicaid coverage
- States aren’t waiting for Washington to require poor residents to work
- Spotlight turns to CEOs in AT&T antitrust trial
- Starbucks has a bold plan to address racial bias. Will it work?
- Starbucks’ Howard Schultz: I’m ‘ashamed’ by arrests at Philadelphia store
- Starbucks CEO on arrests: ‘They didn’t deserve that’
- The ways companies silence women at work
- Training women to ask for more money at work
- 5 warning signs of workplace burnout, and what to do about it
- James Comey media tour runs into nexus of fiction and reality
- United eases fears of a fare war
- Martin Shkreli transferred to prison in New Jersey
- Tesla will work 24/7 to crank out Model 3s
- Supreme Court dismisses major privacy rights case
- Is Amazon a monopoly?
- Russia’s RT faces 7 new investigations in UK
- Ireland’s abortion vote provides big test for Facebook
- Facebook is offering facial recognition again in Europe
- Facebook under fire for storing facial recognition data without consent
- Supreme Court debates whether to allow states to tax all online sales
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- IBM drags on Dow; oil rally fuels energy shares
- Debt path unsustainable, Dallas Fed president says
- Bump stock manufacturer Slide Fire to stop taking orders
- Cadillac president departs as turnaround hits snag
- Wells Fargo mourns employee’s death on Southwest flight
- Steel prices up ‘dramatically’ thanks to Trump tariffs: Fed[overlay type]INDUSTRIALS
- Steel prices up ‘dramatically’ thanks to Trump tariffs: Fed
- Businesses expect more price increases in the months ahead, according to the central bank.
- Bed Bath & Beyond nears junk status as competitive position erodes: S&P
- Goldman Sachs average employee comp could hit $448K this year
- Meet the highest-earning hedge fund managers tracked by Forbes
- What should you do with your 401(k) when you leave your job?
- Another California city welcomes ICE in fight against state sanctuary law
- Trump slams TPP as US re-entry prospects dim
- Starbucks CEO apologizes for unfair treatment of black men
- Taxpayers get one-day reprieve after IRS site crashes
- Best and worst stocks to buy right now
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,708.64 +2.25(+0.08%)
Dow 30 24,748.07 -38.56(-0.16%)
Nasdaq 7,295.24 +14.14(+0.19%)
Russell 2000 1,583.56 +3.76(+0.24%)
Crude Oil 68.75 +2.23(+3.35%)
Gold 1,352.40 +2.90(+0.21%)
Silver 17.20 +0.42(+2.49%)
EUR/USD 1.2379 +0.0008(+0.06%)
10-Yr Bond 2.87 +0.05(+1.88%)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
White House Council of Economic Advisors Chairman Kevin Hassett talks with right-of-center Fox Business’ Stuart Varney about Sen. Mitch McConnell, (R-KY.), saying they won’t claw back the overspending in the omnibus bill.
Varney asks about the response among voters, per polling, to the tax cuts
Hassert makes several noteworthy points, including that among independents, consumer sentiments are as high as they’ve been since 1984, and that occurred because of the Reagan Administration era tax cuts.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.