Markets closed up again today, the first 3 consecutive days of increases on the Dow since November, 2018. In the mix of noteworthy reports this evening for manufactured housing investors and professionals in this item, that even with the trade battle, Chinese are still the #1 foreign buyers of U.S. housing. That means competition for existing homes. But is it a market that manufactured housing will tap successfully?
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Gold gains while stocks sag
- Precious metals always do well when investors are nervous — and right now, they’re nervous
- Consumers may be the biggest risk to the stock market
- The future of beauty is on display at CES
- Why Larry Summers thinks a recession could be coming
- Slowdown arrives at precisely the worst time for GE
- Amazon passes Microsoft to become the world’s most valuable company
- Samsung warns its profit could plunge
- How the shutdown could affect the January jobs report
- Trump’s border address sparks debate inside and outside TV networks
- He wanted to make brushing teeth more enjoyable. So he invented Quip
- Perfect seats and room service robots: This tech is transforming business travel
- There are fewer gig jobs than you think
- Etsy CEO on 3 ways Congress can fix the gig economy
- When your dream job turns out to be a nightmare
- Meet the invisible workers of Silicon Valley
- Lyft files confidential plans for an IPO
- The meatless burger for meat lovers
- LG says these are the TVs of the future
- What you’ll see less of at CES this year: Chinese vendors
- This vending machine bakes bread all by itself
- Ford wants its cars to ‘talk’ with traffic lights and pedestrians
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Stocks post another day of gains on hope for China trade deal
- Sears gets a lifeline, one last shot at survival
- Why Ocasio-Cortez’s 70% ‘soak-the-rich’ tax may fail
- Top government officials scrap CES over shutdown
- What happens if PG&E goes bankrupt?
- Dem lawmaker works to save tax break for rich constituents: Varney
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones’ $250M yacht has a helipad and spa
- States where high earners face the highest taxes
- Why Trump can’t declare national emergency to build border wall
- Warren Buffett predicted Sears’ downfall over a decade ago
- TSA: Shutdown may lead to ‘massive’ security risks at airports
- Opinion: Five simple ways to save money in 2019
- Is Disneyland repeating Apple’s mistake by raising prices?
- Biggest engine ever to power Boeing’s biggest jet
- Tesla Model Y: What we know so far
- Top 5 highest-yielding CDs right now
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez should avoid this ‘bad habit,’ according to Mark Cuban
- Mattel announces ‘Barbie’ movie starring Margot Robbie
- JPMorgan Chase’s Dimon says partisan politics are getting in the way
- Job openings fall to five-month low – but there’s still plenty to go around
- These are the best jobs for 2019: Report
- Carl Icahn reportedly exits Dollar Tree stake
- Boeing delivered a record number of jets in 2018
- Larry Ellison discloses $1B stake in Tesla
- Amazon snags most valuable US company for first time
- Eagles fans Venmo Bears kicker Cody Parkey after missed field goal
- Vanguard’s index funds: A history of evolution for investors
- Fed nominee Nellie Liang withdraws board nomination
- US needs to dominate 5G, AI
- As CES 2019 prepares to kick off, these are the top critical issues facing U.S. tech.
- California’s Gavin Newsom may be good for politics, but not so much for business
- Opinion – 10 business techs for entrepreneurs at CES 2019
- JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon: Tight credit market not a concern
- Trump plans prime-time address, visit to Mexico border
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The National Association and CNBC reports this evening that Chinese buyers are expanding their reach in the U.S. housing market, as middle class home buyers, with numbers seeking financing, are getting in on the act.
- For 6 straight years, Chinese buyers have been the top foreign buyers in both units and dollar volume of residential housing, according to the National Association of Realtors ™ (NAR), and now they expanding to new, lower-price tiers.
- More middle-class Chinese buyers are searching for lower-priced homes and they are using mortgages much more often, said the NAR.
- While California is still the favorite among Chinese buyers, they’re moving into other markets, such as Texas, Georgia, and Florida.
- “Chinese consumers may have soured on some American products, like iPhones, but they have only sweetened on U.S. residential real estate,” said CNBC.
According the Wikipedia, about 5.6 percent of those in the U.S. are Asian Americans. But Foremost research reflects that only about 1 percent of manufactured home owners are Asian in origin.
This is one of several barriers of acceptance that the manufactured housing industry has not yet generally addressed, as the data reflects.
For more manufactured housing research, and related market insights, click on one or more of the related report text/image boxes, linked below.
Market Related Reports:
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.