Almost every tracked stock in MHVille rose today, as our Bloomberg ticker further below reflects.
CNBC and Fox Business both report that China’s economic and market slides are beginning to put pressure on their leadership to ‘make a deal’ with the Trump Administration over trade. On a day when the volatile markets overall rose, our evening market focus will be comments from Allianz Chief Economic Adviser Mohamed El-Erian on the how the U.S. economy is doing well, pointing to strong labor and other facts.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- December was dismal, but the 2019 stock market is off to a strong start
- Carlos Ghosn is about to tell his side of the story
- Wall Street launches new stock exchange, taking direct aim at NYSE
- PG&E stock tumbles 21% on bankruptcy concerns
- Dollar Tree should sell stuff for more than $1, activist investor says
- Kroger and Microsoft partner up to take on Amazon
- What you’ll see less of at CES this year: Chinese vendors
- This vending machine bakes bread all by itself
- Apple brings iTunes to Samsung TVs as it seeks new revenue
- Tesla starts building its huge Shanghai factory to make cars for China
- TV networks deliberating whether to air Trump’s prime time address
- Netflix is the king of Hollywood — and Wall Street
- Economists walk back study showing huge jump in gig jobs
- ANALYSIS Tim Cook has a really big iPhone problem
- Volatility is back. It was just hibernating
- Why volatility is nothing new
- Markets bet the Fed is done hiking rates
- Jerome Powell says he wouldn’t resign if Trump asked
- These companies are expecting IPOs. The market might stop them
- SEARS’ CRUMBLING LEGACY
- Sears could be running out of time
- Hanes slashes its outlook because of Sears’ bankruptcy
- How Sears wasted $6 billion that could have kept it out of bankruptcy
- Sears stood still during the retail revolution. Here’s what other brands can do differently
- Sears’ extraordinary history: A timeline
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Americans to receive tax refunds despite government shutdown
- Stocks rise as US, China officials hold trade talks
- Mohamed El-Erian says US economy in a ‘very good’ place
- Pricing the real reason for sluggish iPhone sales?
- Nucor to build $1.35B steel plant in Midwest
- Biggest engine ever to power Boeing’s biggest jet
- Financial titans plan low-cost stock exchange
- Why Trump can’t declare national emergency to build border wall
- Ford F-150 recall affecting 400K vehicles to begin: What to know
- PG&E shares tumble on bankruptcy fears
- Hottest real estate markets for millennials in 2019
- College Football Playoff championship ticket prices at historic lows
- The top 10 biggest risks facing the world in 2019
- IPO holdup: SEC can’t process applications during partial government shutdown
- World Bank President Jim Yong Kim resigns
- Why 2019 might be the year of the saver
- Japanese billionaire breaks Twitter record with cash incentive to followers
- Eagles fans Venmo Bears kicker Cody Parkey after missed field goal
- How the partial government shutdown could affect you
- Trump plans prime-time address, visit to Mexico border
- Mortgage rates give house hunters window of opportunity
- NFL playoffs pay: What players will earn this postseason
- Larry Kudlow: US economic recession isn’t happening
- 2019 jobs most prevalent in these cities
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Allianz Chief Economic Adviser Mohamed El-Erian says that the U.S. economy overall is a “very good place,” but is concerned that that internal and external headwinds could slow further growth.
“One is self-inflicted wounds — Fed miscommunication being an example,” El-Erian told FOX Business today. “And the other is spillbacks from what’s happening in the rest of the world and from volatile markets.”
We’ll let the video speak for itself, while linking up prior reports that make similar projections.
The volatility is real. They question is, how much of it is based upon overhyped concerns, when the economy and many of the companies being traded are basically sound? Once more, it must be noted that manufactured housing equities have been floating largely in conjunction with the broader markets. In theory, a stronger manufactured housing sector should be better able to ride such ups and downs. Affordable housing is always in demand.
But sadly, with the industry’s purported ‘leaders’ clearly failing at promoting, educating, and protecting the industry as needed, at the very time when our products and services should be ‘flying off the shelf,’ the industry is in the third month of stalled, and sliding production.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.