Steve Wozniak – Apple’s co-founder – unloaded a lot of thought-provoking fodder to Business Insider, and that will be our focus report for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Is the 1-minute commercial break the future of TV?
- Wells Fargo altered documents about business clients
- Why Millennials aren’t feeling the boom in household wealth
- The fight for the future of CBS
- JCPenney is running out of time
- Remington exits Chapter 11 bankruptcy in less than 2 months
- Facebook, Uber, Wells Fargo: The strategy behind 3 corporate apology ads
- Walmart’s online sales grow 33%
- Walmart figured out its Amazon strategy. So why’s the stock down 13%?
- China approves sale of Toshiba’s chip unit to group led by Bain Capital
- WWE soars on report of lucrative new TV deals
- On anniversary of Mueller appointment, Giuliani and Fox News keep swinging
- Suzanne Scott makes history as Fox News’ first female CEO
- BJ’s Wholesale Club is going public (again)
- Almost half of US families can’t afford basics like rent and food
- Can I start investing with $500?
- A Comcast-Fox marriage would be built on a ton of debt
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Meghan Markle faces tax dilemma
- NAFTA talks down to ‘last conversations’: Trudeau
- Kudlow: We’re asking China to change its approach
- Stocks slip as Cisco outlook weakens technology
- Redstone vs. Moonves: Judge denies CBS restraining order bid[overlay type]MEDIA & ADVERTISING
- Redstone vs. Moonves: Judge denies CBS restraining order bid
- Ruling escalates ugly corporate battle.
- Trump’s Iran deal withdrawal sparks corporate exodus
- Fox News, FOX Business name Suzanne Scott as CEO
- Billionaire Tim Draper: Your ‘money is at risk in banks’
- China trade debate roils Trump team as Navarro spars with Mnuchin
- Wells Fargo employees changed customer information on documents: report
- Royal family’s cars: Meghan Markle will be motoring in style
- Walmart’s lower prices give Amazon a run for its money
- Canada’s Justin Trudeau on NAFTA talks: Feeling positive about this
- ‘Pro-business’ Wyoming changes cryptocurrency rules to entice entrepreneurs
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
From Business Insider the following pull-quotes on topics that the Daily Business News has been covering for over a year.
Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak spoke to Business Insider at the WeAreDevelopers World Congress in Vienna, Austria.
- Wozniak said he was “bothered by what technology has become.“
- He hinted that the breakup of big tech monopolies may be necessary or useful.
- Wozniak: “All big companies lie to make money on some level. They withhold secrets — it’s not news. I don’t look at it and say to myself: “This is a big thing,” he told Business Insider.
- Steve Wozniak: “In a company like Apple that made computers easy to use, I always thought that the user was more important than the technology. We put a lot of effort into letting people live their lives in a normal, human way.”
- Steve Wozniak: “But that “human way” is changing. We used to be able to have conversations in secret with people. If I were to say something to you in private now, others wouldn’t hear it — that isn’t the case anymore. We lost our security a long time ago. We’ve lost our privacy and it’s been abused. If I think I have a level of privacy that I don’t, that’s deceit. And that bothers me. I hit a limit. I can’t take that. It’s one step in a long series of steps that are all in the same direction.”
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.