The White House press room said in a release today to MHProNews that an infrastructure Executive Order will speed the permitting process on highways and other infrastructure. That video, some stills and more are below.
Business wage boosting efforts are also part of our spotlight report, further below. The president says that millions of new jobs will flow from these plans he is advancing, per campaign promises.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall market stocks.
Part of this unique feature spotlights headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- CEOs under fire to dump Trump
- Walmart CEO: Trump ‘missed a critical opportunity’
- Now, only 400 people may lack an Obamacare option next year
- The impact of Trump ending key Obamacare subsidies
- The great American housing boom continues
- Trump: CEOs who quit council are ‘grandstanders’
- Warren Buffett dumped all his GE stock
- Trump’s retweets: Accident, or a message?
- German airline goes bust after Etihad pulls plug
- Facebook is building a new $750M data center in Ohio
- Why Under Armour’s CEO had to ditch Trump
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Walmart CEO to stay on WH council, but says Trump missed ‘critical opportunity’
- Walmart CEO criticizes Trump on race response
- As Trump CEOs bail, these executives are staying put
- Wall Street ends flat; economic data offsets retailer results
- Oil falls on strong dollar and continued China demand worry
- CBO: If Trump dumps key ObamaCare subsidies, premiums could rise 25% by 2020
- Iran nuclear deal may be in jeopardy
- Trump critics will apologize in four years: ‘Cheers’ actor John Ratzenberger
- Trump would be better off without the manufacturing council, says Sam Zell
- Dick’s Sporting Goods turns promotional amid worst ever single-day loss
- ESPN apologizes for fantasy football auction amid backlash
- Trump to revoke Obama-era flood risk building standards
- Shipbuilder Huntington Ingalls repays $9.2M to US government
- Americans’ debt level notches a new record high
- 5 simple steps to retiring rich
- Buffett cashes in on crisis-era GE shares
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,464.61 -1.23 (-0.05%)
Dow 30 21,998.99 +5.28 (+0.02%)
Nasdaq 6,333.01 -7.22 (-0.11%)
Crude Oil 47.62 +0.03 (+0.06%)
Gold 1,278.30 -12.10 (-0.94%)
Silver 16.64 -0.49 (-2.84%)
EUR/USD 1.1736 -0.004 (-0.34%)
10-Yr Bond 2.266 +0.047 (+2.12%)
Russell 2000 1,383.24 -11.07 (-0.79%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
Markets overall rose widely, as the graphic below reflects. Only one tracked stock slipped today.
For all the scores and highlights on tracked stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Presidential News Conference on Infrastructure Streamlining via EO
The White House pointed to several mainstream media reports that were good for business and job creation. One of those is the report, below.
“In immigration news, in The Daily Signal, the Heritage Foundation’s Robert Rector and Jamie Bryan Hall write that “the RAISE Act has the potential to save U.S. taxpayers trillions of dollars in future years” by reforming the U.S. immigration system to make it merit-based.”
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Markets Data
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers. LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing, while AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ##
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.