If the drama before his heart attack was not enough, let’s hope and pray that Larry Kudlow is ready for the stress ahead. The White House’s chief economic adviser has sounded off to CNBC about the news yesterday, and that will be part of our evening focus tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- The Fed issues a dire warning about trade wars
- Why the stock market doesn’t care about Michael Cohen or Paul Manafort
- Russia is buying lots of gold to shield it from sanctions
- This is the longest bull run in American history
- Target’s new strategy is paying off big time
- How Costco thrives in the Amazon era
- Robot dogs are coming, but they may be destined for the unemployment line
- Ryanair apologizes for sending unsigned checks to 200 passengers
- How crazy rich are Asia’s wealthiest families?
- How to build a career in diversity and inclusion
- Tencent’s troubles are far from over
- Xiaomi posts $2 billion profit in first earnings report since IPO
- Tesla wouldn’t be as private as Elon Musk wants
- It took 3 years, but Uber finally hired a CFO
- BRIAN STELTER’S RELIABLE SOURCES
- Epic coverage of a historic day
- The day the news came like a flash flood
- McClatchy is reducing its staff by 3.5%, among other cost-cutting measures
- What killed coal? Technology and cheaper alternatives
- Serta Simmons’ plan to fight Casper: Buy Tuft & Needle
- JPMorgan Chase will offer free online trades to customers
- Facebook is working to make MRI exams 10 times faster
- Watch: This fake ad campaign calls out one of Twitter’s very real problems
- How much trouble is Elon Musk in?
- How Brexit could smash the British pound a second time
- Trump goes after the Fed again: ‘I should be given some help’
- WhatsApp’s new CEO meets Indian officials after lynchings
- Maersk is about to send the first container ship through the Arctic
- Google’s data collection is hard to escape, study claims
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- US stock market sets record-long bull run
- Wall Street trading ends mixed in tight range as bull market sets record
- Federal Reserve signals September interest rate hike
- Starting to invest? Here are 3 crucial steps to success
- Trump or Mueller could deliver October surprise: Varney
- No college degree? Score your dream job at these companies
- Venezuela’s new currency causing mass confusion among residents
- All Orchard Supply Hardware stores to be closed within months
- ‘Papa John’ Schnatter launches website to ‘save’ pizza chain
- Americans use loans for these surprising expenses
- Pension liabilities threaten Sears sale of Kenmore brand
- Bear market signals evident in major indexes: Peter Eliades
- Amazon hires superstar cardiologist, deepens dive into health care
- Slack raises another $427M, valuation spikes by billions
- How retailers can survive in an e-commerce world
- ReWalk robotic exoskeleton allows veterans to walk again
- Continue to Tech & Innovation
- Young entrepreneurs ditching Silicon Valley for these US cities
- Small business optimism at 35-year high
- States where $100 goes furthest: report
- 2 out of 5 Americans are unable to handle an emergency $400 expense
- Top 10 highest-paying jobs in the US
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
There has been several legal minds that have sounded off in the last 24 hours. Perhaps the two most interesting for reality checks – useful for investors – are these two.
Constitutional attorney, author, TV, and former Reagan administration member, Mark Lavin, who says this is a nothing burger.
Harvard’s Alan Dershowitz, who says this is equal to “jay walking” in a worse case scenario.
President Donald J. Trump himself said in an interview to air tomorrow that President Obama had a significant campaign violation. By contrast, this is debatable at best, or truly nothing if Lavin’s perspective holds true.
Against that backdrop, CNBC said as follows:
- Chief White House economic advisor, Larry Kudlow to CNBC: “The economy’s everything when it comes to markets and confidence, and I think that markets frankly look through all these various political issues.”
- “There’s no change in policy coming, that’s what really matters. Keep your eye on the ball, and I think the markets have done a good job.”
- GDP grew at a 4.1 percent pace in the second quarter, and the Atlanta Fed is forecasting 4.3 percent growth in the third quarter. Unemployment is at 3.9 percent, around the lowest since 1969, and business and consumer confidence remains high.
- “Washington is a funny place these days,” Kudlow said.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.