There’s plenty to unpack from the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting. One of the revelations is Warren Buffett’s on-camera statement on what they’re doing with the tax cuts that President Donald J. Trump championed. That’s our focus report for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- $70 oil will create headaches for these companies
- Walmart tightens its opioid prescription policies
- Warren Buffett says bitcoin is ‘rat poison’
- Why US companies are changing their websites to please China
- Electric Winnebagos are coming soon
- One of Europe’s top airlines is in crisis
- China’s ZTE to US: Let us buy American technology again
- Nestle is paying $7.2 billion to sell Starbucks coffee
- Oreo maker scoops up Tate’s chocolate-chip cookies
- Nasdaq CEO: We need more female leaders in the financial industry
- Just who gets those big drug rebates?
- Will your expenses stay the same in retirement?
- What happens when your pension fund runs out of money
- White House calls China’s warning to airlines ‘Orwellian nonsense’
- Warren Buffett is not too worried about a trade war
- How Trump’s false claim about African American support happened
- Sale of Cambodian paper raises alarm bells
- Denver Post staffers protest ‘censorship’ of editor who criticized owner
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ makes $1 billion in a record 11 days
- How Charlie Rose could make a comeback, according to one of his accusers
- Allegations against Pulitzer-winning author leave book world with tough questions
- Stormy Daniels makes cameo on ‘SNL’ to mock President Trump
- Apple’s game-changing iMac turns 20 years old
- We asked how Trump’s tax cuts were affecting CNNMoney readers. Hundreds responded
- Are you obligated to report sexual harassment at work?
- Elon Musk kinda, sorta admits he messed up
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Buffett stands by Wells Fargo as bank launches brand campaign
- Dow rises as Warren Buffett love fest buoys Apple to new high
- 5 key takeaways from Berkshire Hathaway’s annual meeting
- S. oil rises above $70 for first time since November 2014
- Nestle places $7B bet on America’s thirst for Starbucks
- Why Bank of America is funding rifle maker despite pledge to end gun support
- Wells Fargo, Fifth Third Bank and Deutsche Bank are also supporting bankrupt Remington.
- Nancy Pelosi won’t be House speaker, GOP will keep majority: Rep. Kevin McCarthy
- Obamacare calorie count rules a boon to restaurants: Bar Rescue’s Jon Taffer
- Carl Icahn sells stake in insurance giant AIG: report
- College campuses churning out talented workers: Oracle CEO
- High school to conservative alum: You’re not welcome
- New York City drops minimum wage ‘bomb’
- SNL’s Stormy Daniels Trump sketch went ‘over the line’: Joe Piscopo
- Tax reform benefit: These states are seeing a revenue boost
- Elon Musk, SpaceX pave way for space company to mass-produce tiny rockets
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,672.63 +9.21(+0.35%)
Dow 30 24,357.32 +94.81(+0.39%)
Nasdaq 7,265.21 +55.60(+0.77%)
Russell 2000 1,578.95 +13.34(+0.85%)
Crude Oil 70.02 +0.30(+0.43%)
Gold 1,314.40 -0.30(-0.02%)
Silver 16.50 -0.01(-0.08%)
EUR/USD 1.1923 -0.0035(-0.29%)
10-Yr Bond 2.95 +0.006(+0.20%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Fox Business with some cutaways from this weekend’s Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting, including Chairman Warren Buffett’s statement on the impact of the tax reform legislation on the conglomerate.
Do you recall what Buffett’s stance was during the 2016 election cycle? Interesting statement, isn’t it?
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.