Warren Buffett sounds off today on a range of issues and his holdings, including Clayton, corporate responsibility, his latest deals, tax reform, one of the lenders he has a stake in that does manufactured home loans, and more. The video interview is from Omaha, NE earlier this week.
We also have a Bloomberg video on their take on Buffett’s succession plan taking a clearer shape.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Fed official: Tax cuts could overheat economy
- Sam’s Club closings a PR mess on Walmart’s big day
- 53 Sam’s Club stores are closing their doors Trending
- More layoffs at Carrier plant Trump pledged to save
- Trump: I’ll use NAFTA to make Mexico pay for wall
- You’re about to see more in your paycheck
- Who is giving out bonuses because of tax reform
- Washington Post reporter put on leave
- Stocks that Trump trashed on Twitter are soaring
- It’s been forever since stocks took a tumble
- I just quit my job. Should I take my 401(k) with me?
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Walmart closing 63 Sam’s Club stores and laying off thousands of workers
- Walmart boosts pay for one million U.S. workers, tax reform is the reason why
- Key Fed official slams U.S. tax cuts for imperiling economy
- Brent crude settles below $70 per barrel as global inventories tighten
- Wall Street rises with oil prices, earnings optimism
- Peter Thiel bids to buy Gawker after funding suit that bankrupted site: Report
- Fiat Chrysler, citing tax cuts, plans $2,000 employee bonuses and 2,500 new jobs
- Trump administration takes first step toward raising your paycheck
- Ford urges 2,900 pickup owners to stop driving after new Takata death
- Floyd Mayweather takes on fitness industry with new virtual reality venture
- IRS in crisis? GOP pressed to increase funds with tax reform on the line
- Bitcoin crackdown begins
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,767.56 +19.33(+0.70%)
Dow 30 25,574.73 +205.60(+0.81%)
Nasdaq 7,211.78 +58.21(+0.81%)
Russell 2000 1,586.79 +26.99(+1.73%)
Crude Oil 63.57 -0.23(-0.36%)
Gold 1,322.80 +0.30(+0.02%)
Silver 17.01 +0.04(+0.26%)
EUR/USD 1.2039 0.00(-0.0008%)
10-Yr Bond 2.53 -0.02(-0.75%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The first video is from Bloomberg, and the next is the full length, in depth, video by CNBC with Warren Buffett.
From 2020 to business, taxes and manufactured housing and more, its all in this video.
Note that the full transcript, courtesy of CNBC for media, is linked here. It includes several links to reports by MHProNews, MHARR, etc. related to his manufactured housing interests.
BH Elevates Abel or Jain, a Likely Successor, With New Roles, Bloomberg…
CNBC’s full interview with Warren Buffett
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
Profitable Insight$ – POTU$ Trump Effect on MH Stock$ at 1 Year, Part 4
Suppliers LPX, Patrick, Manufactured Home Builders Nobility, Skyline Homes – the Trump Effect on MH Stocks, Markets Part 3
Trump Effect – 1 Year Election Impact on Manufactured Housing Connected Stocks, Part 2
Just the Facts – Trump Effect on Manufactured Home Connected Stocks, Part 1
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis, and commentary.)
Note 1: Stay in the know! Thousands of MH Pros, Investors, Officials and Housing Experts do it. You, your team, and industry colleagues can sign up to the MH Industry leading headline news/updates – typically sent twice weekly – click here to sign up in just seconds.
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.