Being the world’s richest man, at least for now, doesn’t mean that every decision you make is a smart. On the 5th day running for rising markets, which are now out of correction territory and up 10 percent since their lows last year, we’ll look at Bezos, those risky and risqué text (sexting) messages, what that might mean for Amazon stock holders. Plus, tips on how to avoid what happened to Bezos from happening to you or a wealthy friend.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Macy’s stock has its worst day in history
- A long shutdown could leave the Fed without critical data
- The $4.5 trillion force that’s helping to fuel market swings
- Oil hasn’t done this in nearly a decade
- Earnings growth is slowing … but that may be okay for stocks
- Here’s the endgame for Sears. It doesn’t look good
- How Kirkland Signature powers Costco’s success
- Ford is shedding thousands of jobs in Europe
- Jaguar Land Rover is slashing 4,500 jobs
- Ford redesigns ‘world’s most popular SUV’
- Rollable TVs and butler robots: Gadgets that caught our eye at CES 2019
- Perspectives: 4 signs a company is a good employer for women
- In a work rut? Here’s how to get out of it
- How to land a new job this year
- The Tesla Model X.
- Tesla drops cheapest versions of the Model S and Model X
- Why the National Enquirer says it decided to investigate Jeff Bezos
- More than 1 million people subscribe to this electric toothbrush startup
- How AI is making business travel better
- PERSPECTIVES AI will probably make your life easier this year
- We tested Tumblr’s ban on porn. It needs work
- Silicon Valley is working with China to ease fears about AI
- Facebook’s top AI scientist says it’s ‘dust’ without artificial intelligence
- 04 see her work 10 – Wide Shot Leather Gloves and Safety Vest in Use
- Her clothes keep female construction workers and firefighters safe
- How legacy brands like Ann Taylor are evolving
- You can thank this man for expensive yoga pants
- How Kohl’s figured out the Amazon era
- Retailers wake up to opportunity in plus-size clothing
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Here’s what MacKenzie Bezos has said about her husband
- Stocks book 5 straight days of gains, exit correction territory
- Here’s how much property Jeff Bezos owns in the US
- A look at Jeff Bezos’ biggest assets as he heads for divorce
- Bezos Divorce: What’s Next for Amazon?
- Will Jeff Bezos’ divorce impact Blue Origin $1B funding pledge?
- How the Bezos divorce may affect the future of Amazon
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos’ divorce subject to these tax changes
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez isn’t the future of the Democratic Party: Joe Lieberman
- Tax season: Top 3 changes that may affect you
- As millennials buckle down, 2019 will be a buyer’s market: Trulia
- Best and worst states to get a divorce
- ‘Fortnite’ company gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Amazon shareholders deserve to know what happens to their money now: Varney
- Saudi Arabia’s strategy for Aramco IPO and $80 oil
- End the immigration hysteria and help the economy grow: Kennedy
- Trump cancels trip to Davos amid partial shutdown
- Trump cancels Davos trip over partial govt. shutdown
- Did the Fed ‘massage’ December minutes?
- Macy’s, other retailers’ shares tumble after weak holiday sales results
- The most expensive divorce settlements
- Oracle, SF Giants reach stadium naming-rights deal
- Divorce and money: Common pitfalls to avoid
- Fiat Chrysler to pay around $650M in emissions cheating case
- US economy is in ‘great shape’: Home Depot co-founder Marcus
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Keep your pants zipped if you’re a married man with another woman. That was the short version of the takeaway from the 1987 hit movie, Fatal Attraction.
Fast forward to 2019.
CNBC reports that the wealthy are obviously more targeted by hackers than the ordinary are. Here are some tips, followed by a video on what the meaning of all this might mean for Amazon investors.
• Very wealthy people are often targets for criminal hackers, tabloids, and rivals, but there are steps anyone can take to avoid exposing sensitive personal and business communications.
• Watch your passwords, download a secure messaging app and make sure the other party you’re texting with is on board.
• Secure texting shouldn’t be viewed as something “shady” — it’s needed for everything from sharing confidential business plans to responding to breaches.
One last thought on this, is that this does have a factory-built housing tie in. Bezos’ led Amazon Alexa Fund has put a few million into a prefab operation in 2018. When there’s tens of billions available, don’t think for a second that its likely to be the only investment by one of the largest firms in the world into factory built housing.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.