The President of the United States (POTUS) Donald J. Trump coyly hinted that countries he named are ‘f—king us,’ but then said he won’t use that expression for a respected show. Markets closed down a fraction, and this evening’s focus will be a one on one interview with the president on the topic of tariffs, trade, and his economic efforts.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
We’ll share a recent ‘kudos!’ message before diving into the bullets and market tickers.
“I have witnessed Soheyla and Tony’s hard work and dedication over the years with great admiration. Their website portal www.MHProNews.com has become a staple of my morning read with amazing interactive charts & graphics, breadth & clarity in their articles, and passion which no one can match in our industry. Thanks MHProNews! You rock!” – Casey Mack, Legacy Housing.
Thanks, Casey, and to all of those who take the time to share their thoughts.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Trump escalates his war with the Fed
- Facebook suspends another data analytics firm
- Elon Musk crossed a line, analyst says
- A transatlantic trade war is brewing. Can it be stopped?
- Power outage at GE
- JPMorgan’s plan to help Chicago’s poorest neighborhoods
- Randi Zuckerberg responds to her brother’s Holocaust comments
- Avis CEO says rental car biz is alive and well
- Experimental treatment uses modified stem cells to fight cancer
- Microsoft posts its first $100 billion sales year
- Samsung or Xiaomi? It’s a two-horse race for India’s smartphone market
- WhatsApp is adding new restrictions as killings continue in India
- North Korea’s economy just had its worst year in two decades
- Amy Powell fired as president of Paramount Television
- Rupert Murdoch’s summer of good fortune
- Fox News host leaving the network to hit campaign trail with Donald Trump Jr.
- Another Wells Fargo mess: Pet insurance ripoff
- Domino’s plans to open thousands of new stores
- China’s yuan plunges again. Is a currency war coming?
- FCC calls out ‘lack of candor’ in Sinclair-Tribune deal
- How the NBA Finals and rainy baseball hurt eBay
- Comcast drops its $65 billion bid for 21st Century Fox
- China’s top ride-hailing company takes fight with Uber to Japan
- Tesla’s plan to make cars in China won’t be easy to pull off
- Watch: Kids vs ‘dumbphones’ from the 2000s
- IHOP president: We’re still all about the pancakes
- Airbus CEO: Time is running out for a Brexit deal
- JPMorgan takes its fund for entrepreneurs of color to Chicago
- Berkshire’s best day in nearly 7 years
- Amazon Prime Day was bigger than Cyber Monday and Black Friday
- Uber fills ‘critical’ role of chief privacy officer
- Aston Martin put a V8 in this silly, tiny car
- With the Jaguar I-Pace, electric SUVs are off to a great start
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Here’s how much Americans are paying in credit card fees
- The amount consumers pay to banks in interest and fees rose 11% over the past year.
- US stocks struggle to hold session gains
- Microsoft is winning, shares hit new record
- Trump Fed critique sends dollar lower
- New Zealand company tested four-day work week, results may surprise you
- Employee engagement rose, while stress levels declined.
- Paramount TV president fired over ‘racially charged’ comments
- Gun store owner busts comedian Sacha Baron Cohen in failed prank
- General Electric plunges on weak cash flow
- Domino’s Pizza aims to open thousands of US stores
- Netflix will see ‘cash flow explosion’ by 2020: analyst[overlay type]
- MEDIA & ADVERTISING
- Netflix will see ‘cash flow explosion’ by 2020: analyst
- Aston Martin reveals flying car that could hit 200 mph
- Social Security: What to know, what to expect, how to make it better
- Burberry destroyed $37M worth of excess products to protect brand
- Deutsche Bank values Amazon at more than $1T
- Eagles star Nick Foles tops NFL merchandise sales ahead of 2018 season
- Here’s what the Trump administration has done so far to lower drug prices
- You may actually be allergic to your office because of this
- Here’s what to do when it’s hot outside but ridiculously cold in your workplace.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
President Donald J. Trump has been making the rounds on interviews with the networks.
He told CNBC that ‘We’re playing with the bank’s money‘ on market’s gain since election to fight trade war.
- President Donald Trump believes the stock market rally since his election win gives him the cushion to address the trade conflict with China and other countries.
- “The S&P 500 is up 31 percent since Trump’s win on Election Day, Nov. 8, 2016 through Thursday.”
- The market’s gain slowed this year as the Trump administration has implemented new tariffs on countries, with the benchmark index up 4.9 percent for 2018 through Thursday.
“This is the time. You know the expression we’re playing with the bank’s money,” POTUS told CNBC’s Joe Kernen in a “Squawk Box” interview aired Friday.
“We are being taking advantage of and I don’t like it,” the president said. “I would have a higher stock market right now. … It could be 80 percent [since the election] if I didn’t want to do this.” He said he is willing to slap tariffs on every Chinese good imported to the U.S. should the need arise. “I’m ready to go to 500 [billion dollars in tariffed items],” Trump added.
The reference is to the dollar amount of Chinese imports the U.S. accepted in 2017 — $505.5 billion to be exact, compared with the $129.9 billion the U.S. exported to China, according to Census Bureau data.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.