West Texas. South Dakota. Louisiana. Oklahoma. These are just some of the places that oil, natural gas, and energy have and are creating or supporting jobs that have sold thousands upon thousands of factory built housing units. Tonight’s spotlight focus is an interview with the Texas Commissioner who keeps his eye on the oil industry there.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The ever evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. It’s an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
It just makes sense. Because like it or not, what moves the markets effects manufactured housing too.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Univision flip flops on digital strategy, explores sale of Gizmodo and The Onion
- Trump launches new tariffs on China
- Tax cut triggers $437 billion explosion of stock buybacks
- Tesla is going big in China
- Wall Street has Trump whiplash
- Trump slashes funding that helps people sign up for Obamacare
- China is owning the future of cars. German automakers want in
- The oil market’s shock absorbers are nearly gone
- Facebook will chip in for users’ birthday fundraisers
- Microsoft unveils Surface Go to take on iPad
- Whole Foods announces its Prime Day deal
- The last Sears in Chicago is closing
- The United States could be spared the worst in a trade war
- Why Corporate America is recruiting high schoolers
- Tesla raises prices in China by 20% in response to tariffs
- India’s tech firms grow in popularity with country’s grads
- How Thailand became the ‘Detroit of Asia’
- These are banned in some cities. The company is valued at $2B
- Russian company had access to Facebook user data through apps
- Bitcoin is down 66%. But it still may be the future of money
- Winklevoss twins’ cryptocurrency firm hires NYSE executive
- Bitcoin prices have been manipulated, study says
- Russian farmers are ditching the ruble for a new cryptocurrency
- Bitcoin could ‘bring the internet to a halt,’ banking group warns
- Smucker is saying goodbye to Pillsbury and its doughboy
- Pepsi stock pops on strong snack sales
- Starbucks is removing plastic straws from stores
- What’s killing Big American Beer?
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Trump preparing additional tariffs on $200B in Chinese goods
- The U.S. revealed a list of Chinese goods it will target.
- Stocks extend winning streak with economy in focus
- Americans quitting their jobs for better opportunities
- The ETF market could get a lot bigger – here’s why
- Some tips for saving on prescription drug costs
- Oil industry building pipelines to address America’s biggest energy roadblock
- The big money behind Trump’s Supreme Court pick
- A deeply conservative political group spent more than $1 million on ad campaigns.
- Tax law mistake hurting retailers, restaurants
- This Honda lawn mower will go 150 mph
- Trump bashes NATO members: Who pays what?
- Panthers ‘obligated’ to keep Jerry Richardson statue, new owner David Tepper says
- Yankees’ Cashman, Arizona Cardinals owner back Trump’s Supreme Court pick
- Used-car prices keep climbing
- Winners and losers of Trump’s decision to halt ObamaCare payments
- Global businesses look to this company for help navigating tariffs
- Walmart set to enter New York City, but not its stores
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Today is the 4th day of rising markets, as investors are beginning to shrug of the tough talk on trade wars. But will the announcement of another $200 billion in tariffs targeting China announced late today impact traders? Time will tell. A spotlight on Sun Communities is found, linked below.
But tonight’s focus is West Texas oil.
Texas Railroad Commissioner Ryan Sitton on efforts to boost pipeline capacity to keep up with drilling at the Permian Basin. Sitton is the Texas official charged with keeping tabs on the oil industry, and he admits that the supply is outpacing oil pipeline capacity. He says that that will be corrected through construction in the next 12 to 24 months.
As crude oil prices rise over a range of issues, including tensions with Iran, and Russia, U.S production will be ever more important. Another item to keep an eye on for the industry will be when activity starts taking place in ANWAR – which was opened up by legislation enacted by the Trump Administration. That might, just might, cause a wave of factory built homes moving “north to Alaska” at that time.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.