The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall market stocks. By spotlighting the headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – this report also helps readers see what are the trends and topics that may be moving the investors that move the markets.
Readers say this is also quick review tool that saves researchers time in getting a view of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly traded stocks. MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected bullets from CNN Money:
- Oil prices plunge into bear market
- Ford to build the Focus in China instead of Mexico
- Mnuchin: While House won’t rule out 2nd term for Yellen
- No holy guacamole: Chipotle sinks on weak outlook
- Why you should care about increasing secrecy
- ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ investigation ends
- U.S. tightens sanctions on Russia over Crimea
- The bull is back! Market near highs despite risks
- The ‘Airline of the Year’ award goes to…
- Who pays if Congress kills state and local tax deductions
- Tesla driver was warned seven times before crash
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Ivanka Trump says administration will ease burden of child care costs
- FedEx reports quarterly profit
- Wall St ends down as energy, retail shares fall
- U.S. crude ends at nine-month lows on global oversupply
- Qatar Airways named ‘Airline of the Year,’ amid blockade in Gulf region
- Illinois’ fiscal situation dire as state misses another deadline, special session begins
- Alaskans could get extra $1,000 in oil payouts
- Fox News: Brussels train station evacuated, man wearing ‘bomb vest’ shot by police
- Iowa’s last major ObamaCare insurer weighs exit, requests 43% premium hike
- Ryan: Tax overhaul will prioritize savings, eliminate estate tax
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
9 key market indicators, ‘at the closing bell…’
S&P 500 2,437.03 -16.43 (-0.67%)
Dow 30 21,467.14 -61.85 (-0.29%)
Nasdaq 6,188.03 -50.98 (-0.82%)
Crude Oil 43.34 -0.86 (-1.95%)
Gold 1,243.40 -3.30 (-0.26%)
Silver 16.42 -0.08 (-0.47%)
EUR/USD 1.1128 -0.0022 (-0.20%)
10-Yr Bond 2.15 -0.04 (-1.69%)
Russell 2000 1,402.98 -15.11 (-1.07%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value 6.20.2017
Today’s Big Movers
Skyline jumps and LCII lead the gainers. Brookfield and UMH lead the decliners. See below for all the ‘scores and highlights.’
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report – Clayton’s Summit Homes
Summit Homes, Clayton Properties Subsidiary, Donates $718k To St. Jude Hospital
Builder reports that conventional housing builder, Summit Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary through Clayton Properties Group, presented St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital representatives a check for $718,000 following the sale of the builder’s 2017 St. Jude Dream Home Showplace.
“Our team is thrilled to make this donation following the close of our sixth St. Jude Dream Home campaign here in Kansas City,” said Zalman Kohen, COO for Summit Homes. “We’re proud to support St. Jude’s lifesaving treatment and research efforts.”
Summit was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway unit Clayton on Nov 1, 2016.
Berkshire Hathaway’s annual report indicates that some 14 percent of Clayton revenue is expected to come from their conventional housing operations.
Summit was named the St. Jude Dream Home Builder for Kansas City in 2011. Since then, nearly $6 million was raised by the builder to support the children’s cancer center hospital. For ways to donate or get involved with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, visit stjude.org.
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers. LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing, while AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Providing you only with the very best industry coverage, every business day.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ##
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.