For the better part of the first six months of 2018, stocks on the Dow and other markets have reacted – mostly negatively – to a series headlines out of Washington, Beijing, North Korea, Canada, the Eurozone – you name it. But today, after the so-called trade war – new tariffs – between the U.S. and China is already underway, and with tough talk with trading partners in NAFTA, Europe and Asia…the Dow just crossed 25,000 again, and the Nasdaq is perched near record territory.
Check out our market focus for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, just beyond the Market Summaries for today.
The ever evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. It’s an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
It just makes sense. Because like it or not, what moves the markets effects manufactured housing too.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- The Justice Department drove a stake in the heart of Comcast’s bid for Fox
- ZTE can once again do business with American companies
- Wells Fargo finds even more customers that it overcharged
- Wells Fargo’s scandals are hurting its bottom line
- Prices are rising faster than they have in six years
- Justin Bieber and Katy Perry among Twitter users hit hardest by follower purge
- JPMorgan Chase makes $8.3 billion profit thanks to ‘healthy’ US consumers
- How do you rebrand Papa John’s when the problem is Papa John?
- Papa John’s to remove founder’s image from ads
- Papa John’s was already losing the pizza wars
- Trump ratchets up ‘fake news’ rally cry overseas during UK visit
- Britain probably can’t have what it wants with both the EU and the US
- Google and Facebook could both be caught in the trade war
- AT&T’s Randall Stephenson isn’t worried about Time Warner deal
- Government appeals AT&T-Time Warner approval
- US oil exports have more than quadrupled since 2015. That boom is now in danger
- Apple is spending millions to clean up China’s environment
- Ikea just delayed its big debut in India
- MoviePass’ stock is 19 cents. The CEO says everything is fine
- Northrop Grumman’s CEO is stepping down
- Commerce Secretary Ross admits to ‘errors’ in failing to divest assets
- Firm that designed Ferraris will make 250 mph electric supercar
- Is the binge over for Netflix stock?
- Another problem for Tesla’s Model 3
- Apple’s MacBook Pros get a refresh
- Airlines are starting to worry about rising fuel costs
- India now has the ‘world’s strongest’ net neutrality rules
- The US is fighting one of the world’s poorest countries over trade
- Fighting with US on trade literally hurts our economic growth, EU says
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Dow hits 25K as it wraps winning week
- S. stocks wrap winning week.
- Amazon considers another business it could dominate
- Big tech: Here’s where, and why, you should invest
- Homeowners sitting on record equity, still afraid to take out loans
- Rising interest rates are one reason homeowners are hesitant to take out loans.
- UPS reaches tentative deal with union members
- Justice Department charges make Mueller bulletproof: Judge Napolitano
- What Amazon founder Jeff Bezos plans to charge for a trip to space
- Instagram users hit with temporary outage
- Papa John’s to stop using founder Schnatter’s image in marketing campaigns
- Your gym membership could soon earn a tax break
- AT&T CEO Stephenson ready to battle DOJ and win
- Target offering deals on Amazon Prime Day
- Meet the Shoe Surgeon, designer of $30,000 custom sneakers
- Best and worst states for retirement
- Justice Department to appeal AT&T-Time Warner case
- Sun Valley Conference: Sinclair-Tribune deal nears DOJ approval
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
“U.S. stocks wrapped a winning week on Friday with the Dow Jones Industrial Average closing above the psychologically significant 25,000-point milestone, a one-month high,” said Fox Business. “The S&P 500, the broadest measure of stocks, reached a 5-month high and the Nasdaq Composite even better, sitting at a record. A string of new records for some big tech names helped drive the momentum as Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook and Google each hit all-time highs Friday.”
“Outside of tech, the broader momentum on the final trading day of the week was powered by solid earnings reports from a handful of big banks and easing concerns over a prolonged trade war,” per Fox Business.
A growing range of voices are saying something similar to what the White House has said. They expect revised trade deals to begin to emerge in the days ahead. Germany and others are signaling deals to come.
There were more risers than sliders in manufactured housing markets. See the Bloomberg tracked stock closing ticker, below.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.