“Donald Trump’s 1987 bestselling book, “The Art of the Deal,” he “wrote about the importance of knowing “when to walk away,” said ABC News. The markets rose yesterday, and fell today, based in part upon reactions to the perceived chance for talks with China, and North Korea to successfully advance. Those will be part of our focus tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Millennials born in 1980s may never recover from the Great Recession
- Is the economy about to slow down?
- Lawmakers take first step in stopping a Trump deal with ZTE
- China slashes tariffs on imported cars
- American banks had their most profitable quarter ever
- Amazon asked to stop selling facial recognition technology to police
- Tesla’s Model 3 isn’t really for the mass market — it’s a luxury car
- Distrust in self-driving cars on the rise after crashes, AAA says
- Mark Zuckerberg ripped by European Parliament for dodging questions
- 40% of Americans can’t cover a $400 emergency expense
- EPA blocks CNN and AP journalists from attending Pruitt speech
- Tiny but mighty, small US companies are beating bigger rivals
- New report highlights massive pay gap between CEOs and typical workers
- JCPenney CEO leaves for Lowe’s
- How businesses are really spending their tax cuts
- 45% of tax filers will owe nothing in federal income taxes this year
- Starbucks says all are welcome. So now what?
- This company needs workers so badly it’s putting them through drug rehab
- NYSE will be run by a woman for the first time in 226-year history
- What if a digital twin could go to work for you?
- 4 financial goals you need to meet by age 40
- How much should you pay for college?
- Beyond Social Security: 5 retirement income strategies
- Scared of running out of money in retirement? A ‘personal pension’ could be for you
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow slides as Trump renews China trade concern
- Trump says no deal with China on ZTE – just yet
- Sears said to close 40 more stores this summer
- Trump tax cuts seen bolstering US economy
- Tesla CEO Musk promises Model 3 braking fix
- Theranos movie based on ‘Bad Blood’ book to star Jennifer Lawrence
- Can regular egg consumption ward off death? Study says maybe so
- Amazon CEO Bezos draws ACLU facial recognition device plea
- Boeing South Carolina employees to vote on unionization
- Japan, Russia, Turkey bring potential US tariff retaliation to $3.5B
- Lyft exploring electric scooter service in San Francisco: report
- Fortune 500: Ford out, Amazon in top 10 of venerable revenue ranking
- Retirement plans being used for immediate needs not for savings
- Not all cryptocurrencies can succeed, Robert Shiller says
- With stocks, size not a big deal right now
- This entrepreneur claims he will live to 180
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
There were more manufactured housing connected sliders today than yesterday, from the closing ticker, shown below. It’s proof that movers of the broader markets, often impact manufactured housing too.
“Talks between North and South Korea likely in June,” per CNBC and Reuters.
- Talks between North and South Korea will likely resume after June 25 following completion of joint U.S.-South Korea military drills, a South Korean government spokesperson said.
- North Korea last week canceled at the last minute a meeting with senior South Korean officials in protest over joint exercises between Seoul and Washington.
ZTE concerns from Fox Business.
The larger picture about Korea and the U.S., from a Canadian perspective – CBC News.
There’s never been a deal with North Korea that has ever come together. Technically, the Korean War never ended, it was an armistice, a kind of cease fire. Even former President Jimmy Carter (D) said that if President Trump pulls this off, it will be historic and worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize.
The president wrote the book on walk away power from a deal. He’s bobbing and weaving with his statement. Stay tuned.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.