As a debate is stirred by several Democratic 2020 presidential hopefuls about ‘free college,’ or student loan debt forgiveness, a recent report spotlighted positive news about the blue-collar sector. On a day when 2 of the 3 major markets rose, and industry stocks closed largely lower, that white paper on the State of Blue-Collar Workforce is our featured item this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Oil jumps on Iran crackdown
- The cost of oil shoots above $65 a barrel as the White House vows to bring Iran exports to zero
- LIVE UPDATES Oil closes at a 6-month high
- Tesla investigates after car appears to explode in China
- Deadly attacks could cause serious damage to Sri Lanka’s economy, which depends on tourism
- Sri Lanka’s social media ban enters its second day
- Carlos Ghosn is charged for the fourth time
- Huawei posts 39% increase in revenue and claims more 5G firsts
- Yes, you have to send a thank you note after your interview. Here’s what to say
- PERSPECTIVES Corporate greed is accelerating climate change. But we can still head off disaster
- Danish retail billionaire loses 3 children in Sri Lanka attacks
- Kraft Heinz appoints new CEO
- Roy Disney’s granddaughter thinks Bob Iger’s paycheck is ‘insane’
- Samsung delays Galaxy Fold launch after early models broke
- PERSPECTIVES Lyft exec: We’re facing a climate crisis while the government looks the other way
- Tesla’s new Autopilot is amazing — but please keep your eyes on the road
- Hyundai’s Genesis unveils its vision for a teeny electric luxury car
- GM to reveal a radically new Corvette
- Uber and Lyft may look the same, but their visions are not
- Self-driving cars are now on the streets of Hamburg
- How to look for a new job when you already have one
- The best time to bring up salary when job interviewing
- How to know what it’s really like to work at a company
- The right way to ask for a job reference
- The art of writing the perfect goodbye note
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Disney heiress: Bob Iger’s $65M payday is ‘insane’
- Warren jail time proposal for CEOs would radically change the law, Judge Napolitano says
- Uber, Lyft low ride-sharing fares is over, analyst says
- WATCH: Social Security to run out of money in 2035
- Trump will not nominate Herman Cain for Fed seat
- Boston Beer stock spike on seltzer drink sales
- Plant-based meat startup Beyond Meat to raise $184M in IPO
- Elizabeth Warren wants to ‘cancel’ student debt for millions
- IRS audits may start to target more wealthy taxpayers
- Bed Bath & Beyond overhauls board after investor backlash
- Millennials feel they face more financial woes than other generations
- Michael Phelps teams up with Colgate to champion Earth Day
- When can you retire? Retirement experts weigh in
- US Democratic Rep. Seth Moulton launches 2020 presidential bid
- Earth Day: Risks, deals and brands trying to make a difference
- Venmo nears deal with Synchrony to offer its own branded credit card
- An inside look at the rise and fall of Theranos and Elizabeth Holmes
- A homebuyer’s market? Where sellers are losing their advantage
- Amid minimum wage debate, Trump is giving Americans a raise right now
- US to end Iran sanctions waivers: What it means for gas prices and your wallet
- Democrats, their presidential candidates divided into 3 groups: Varney
- Trump sues to block House Democrat’s subpoena seeking his financial information
- The potential risks to Democrats from investigation fatigue
- The risks Iran will try to wait out the Trump administration
- JPMorgan Chase announces first winning cities in $500 million AdvancingCities initiative
- Ray Dalio gives Connecticut $100 million, state’s largest gift ever
- James Patterson donates $1.25 million to classroom libraries
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
It goes without saying that many of the jobs performed in the manufactured housing sector are blue collar jobs. So this report sheds useful light on those trying to get their head around various trends and claims.
When a white-paper is produced that is useful to a firm, organization, or industry the norm is to publicize it.
That’s being painfully proven by Manufactured Housing Action (MHAction), which co-authored a so-called white paper on private equity firms behavior in MHVille. But when MHI produced a report that claims to demonstrate customer satisfaction, instead of publicizing it, they hide it behind a member login? What do you call that kind of odd behavior?
We’ll let that question hang, as we turn to the white paper by Express Employment Pros on the state of the blue collar workforce.
Here’s the lead to their release for the white paper.
“Previously a declining sector of the United States workforce, blue collar jobs are growing at the fastest rate in nearly three and a half decades, yet workers are scarcer than ever, according to studies from The Washington Post and The Conference Board, respectively. This unique combination of circumstances creates significant new opportunities for Americans who may not have a college education. And, as they look to invest in a career, they face a question: is taking a blue collar job a smart decision?”
The screen captures are data points and/or pull quotes from the survey that produced the white paper.
The balance of the well illustrated white paper can be downloaded at this link here.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.
2) To pro-vide a News Tips and/or Commentary, click the link to the left. Please note if comments are on-or-off the record, thank you.