As some head for the beach, hills, lakes or other favorite getaway spot for the long Labor Day weekend, the president has sent a new round of signals in an interview and tweets. Markets closed down today. The focus report this evening will be his comments in an interview with Bloomberg.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Apple announces September 12 event. Here’s what you can expect
- SoFi’s had a rough year. Can it move on?
- Google Assistant can now understand two languages at once
- Campbell is moving forward by going back
- Microsoft requires contractors to offer paid parental leave
- Starbucks is quietly testing out healthier Frappuccino recipes
- Argentina hikes interest rate to 60% as its currency plunges
- Dyson’s electric car plans are taking shape
- Steve Bannon blasts Elon Musk: He’s an immature man-child
- Papa John’s scorches Papa John in 800-word response
- RELIABLE SOURCES
- ‘These people are evil.’ Steve Bannon weighs in on Big Tech
- ‘You’re the enemy of the people,’ man allegedly said in threat to Boston Globe
- It’s time for investors to go on the defensive
- ‘Inaccurate and misleading.’ Amazon defends itself from Bernie Sanders
- Sheryl Sandberg will donate proceeds of her SurveyMonkey stock to charity
- Vodafone bets on $8 billion merger to boost Australia business
- Dick’s Sporting Goods’ rough quarter had nothing to do with guns
- Google may be represented by an empty chair at Senate hearing
- Why every boss should take an improv class
- In praise of the power breakfast
- Uber’s CEO one year in: The one thing I wish I had fixed sooner
- Lawyer: We’re ‘finalizing’ a libel lawsuit against Elon Musk over ‘pedo’ tweet
- Elon Musk may have violated labor laws with a tweet
- Papa John won’t leave Papa John’s alone
- Newspapers get a break on Trump tariffs
- China’s top search engine sues comedian over online joke
- Jack Daniel’s maker plans to raise prices because of tariffs
- How would the stock market react if Trump is impeached? Economists weigh in
- Steve Jobs’ widow blasts her stepdaughter’s memoir
- 5 challenges now facing Tesla
- Elon Musk lashes out on Twitter again
- New estimate raises second quarter economic growth to 4.2%
- GoPro CEO: We’re ‘actively looking’ to source outside of China
- What students are learning at Google’s virtual labs
- Ikea is the latest big brand to feel the heat in China over Taiwan
- Toyota’s latest step to future-proof itself
- Trump slams Google search as ‘rigged’ — but it’s not
- Best Buy makes all the right moves, but Wall Street isn’t sold
- JPMorgan just made another high-profile AI hire
- Ex-Barnes & Noble CEO sues over his firing
- Travel in China is booming. So why are airlines scrapping flights?
- Google will now help you get a bank loan in India
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Trump tariff threat against China hammers US stocks
- Trump wants to impose $200B China tariffs next week: Report
- US moving ahead ‘with or without’ Canada: Wilbur Ross
- Warren Buffett’s advice for Tesla’s Elon Musk
- Wells Fargo fires bankers for falsifying dinner receipts: report
- Trump cancels pay raise due federal workers in January
- Scandal-plagued Wells Fargo still has friend in Berkshire’s Buffett
- Trump sees retirement savings bump, more 401(k) millionaires?
- Papa John’s: John Schnatter defied orders, lied about CEO concerns
- The hardest-working Americans live in these states
- Possible US-EU car tariff deal not enough for Trump: official
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Gun policy change, Under Armour crimp sales
- Sheryl Sandberg will donate SurveyMonkey IPO proceeds to honor late husband
- The Facebook COO will honor her late husband with a poignant donation.
- Here’s how long $1 million in retirement savings will last in your state
- These are the most valuable cities in the US
- New law will make it easier to check your child’s credit: Why you should
- How Stumpy’s turned hatchet-throwing into a fast-growing business
- Stumpy’s Hatchet House: How to throw a hatchet
- JPMorgan to offer free online stock trading service
- Goldman Sachs to cover breastmilk shipping costs for new moms
- Only banks should continue with quarterly earnings reports: Signature Bank Chairman
- Labor Day car deals for bargain hunters
- Maker of James Bond’s favorite sports car eyes stock market
- These car brands are tops in customer satisfaction
- Aston Martin announces IPO plans
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The Mexican deal is ‘done’ on the negotiating side.
A possible Canadian trade deal-looms. Of course, once finished, those will have to go to Congress. The E.U. and Trump Administration trade negotiators have made certain promises.
But China is playing harder to get. That, indicates signals, could be behind the recent decision to cancel a planned trip by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo back to North Korea.
With economic and consumer signals up, before taking off for rally planned in Indiana tonight, the President of the United States (POTUS) sat down with Bloomberg this evening.
“If they don’t shape up, I would withdraw from the WTO,” [World Trade Organization] President Trump said in an interview today with Bloomberg at the White House.
POTUS Trump said last month that the U.S. was being treated “very badly” by the WTO for many years and that the Geneva-based body needs to “change their ways.”
U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer has said allowing China into the WTO in 2001 was a mistake, said Bloomberg. Lighthizer has called for the U.S. to take a more aggressive approach regarding the WTO. He believes the WTO is unable of dealing with a non-market economy such as China.
Furthermore, Lighthizer accused the WTO dispute-settlement system of interfering with U.S. sovereignty, notably on anti-dumping cases.
Bloomberg noted that the U.S. has been blocking the appointment of judges to the WTO’s appeals body, raising the possibility that it could cease to function in the coming years.
MHProNews, not Bloomberg, notes it all reads like parts of “The Art of the Deal.”
Regarding Sessions, who’s been under fire from the president for some time, voices on Capital Hill have urged him to do nothing until after the midterms, saying it would be difficult to get a replacement confirmed at this time.
But there are a few pundits who’ve speculated that the POTUS Trump – AG Sessions spat is a head fake for the media and anti-Trumpers. Stranger things have happened. Time will tell.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.