Maybe you’ve heard the old joke. ‘How can you tell when a politician isn’t telling the truth?’
The Left-Right Senators debate over S. 2155 is the spotlight focus for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Bitcoin plunges after SEC seeks to rein in cryptocurrencies
- Why McDonald’s is flipping its arches for a day
- Dow falls sharply after Gary Cohn resigns
- You can’t legally drive these million dollar cars
- Alexa is laughing at users and creeping them out
- Take that New York. We’re going PACIFIC
- Gary Cohn’s exit stokes fears Trump will fight a trade war
- London risks losing its role as banker to the world
- Trump presses for final tariffs plan
- Driving Jaguar’s electric SUV
- These are the top US exports
- Tariffs could cost US thousands of jobs
- Jack Daniel’s could be ‘victim’ of Trump tariffs
- Icahn denies knowing about tariffs before selling stock
- Broadcom: We’ll invest $1.5B to train US workers if deal clears scrutiny
- NCAA surpasses $1 billion in revenue for first time
- EU could hit US peanut butter and cranberries with tariffs
- One by one, Goldman Sachs alums leave the White House
- Wilbur Ross: We’ll do tariffs ‘without blowing up the world’
- Legendary UK music magazine NME ends print edition
- Saudi skies are now open to flights to Israel
- Oprah dumped a quarter of her Weight Watchers stake
- Samsung’s new smart TV is a tech chameleon
- Why Wall Street loved Gary Cohn inside the White House
- Airbus to shed 3,700 jobs across Europe
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Wilbur Ross: US would eliminate tariffs if other countries did too
- Trump tariffs are not a negotiating tactic: Mnuchin
- Stocks come off lows triggered by Cohn resignation
- Trump’s steel tariff will help Nucor expand, CEO says
- Fed Beige Book: Tax overhaul is boosting US wages
- Will Broadcom’s $1.5B offer help Qualcomm deal?
- Gary Cohn and the meeting that may have ended his White House role
- Coca-Cola to launch first alcoholic drink
- Big East Commissioner: Student athletes are fairly compensated
- Target raises minimum wage to $12, with hopes of hitting $15 by 2020
- Could bitcoin become the next Swiss bank account?
- SEC chairman fires this warning on cryptocurrencies: EXCLUSIVE
- Bitcoin drops below $10,000 as SEC says exchanges must be registered
- Tax reform windfall: These companies are hiking pay, delivering bonuses
- Top reasons storms like today’s wintry nor’easter hurt airline profits
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,726.80 -1.32(-0.05%)
Dow 30 24,801.36 -82.76(-0.33%)
Nasdaq 7,396.65 +24.64(+0.33%)
Russell 2000 1,574.53 +12.33(+0.79%)
Crude Oil 61.35 -1.25(-2.00%)
Gold 1,326.30 -8.90(-0.67%)
Silver 16.50 -0.28(-1.69%)
EUR/USD 1.2411 -0.0009(-0.07%)
10-Yr Bond 2.88 +0.01(+0.21%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The Daily Business News did a behind the scenes review of what isn’t being said about this bill in the new report, linked below.
But the talking points of the various sides is covered in this CSPAN video, posted below.
On a different note, a communities focused report is linked below.
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.