Senator Kirsten Gillibrand’s (D-NY) Postal Banking Act, would make retail banking services available at some 30,000 post offices nationally. That will be our market focus for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Workers and shareholders call GE an ’embarrassment’
- Indians flock to America’s ‘golden visa’ as H-1B route closes
- Tell us: How have the income tax cuts affected you?
- Snapchat redesigns its app again. Stock plunges
- Dow snaps longest losing streak in a year
- CEO under fire for $100 million paycheck
- Why it’s a great time to look for a job
- How do you talk about fertility at work?
- Can Hulu keep ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ momentum going?
- Fox News twists CNN’s Acosta’s words about threats to journalists
- Comcast offers $31 billion for Sky, setting up showdown with Fox
- Heads up Starbucks! The world’s second biggest coffee chain is gearing up
- India’s hotly contested mobile market gets new mega merger
- Trump says Mnuchin will visit China for trade talks ‘in a few days’
- Should I get out of the market until it returns to sanity?
- Even rising mortgage rates won’t stop homebuyers
- Home prices are on an epic run
- Diet Coke’s new flavors are a big hit
- Lululemon has made a big comeback since its sheer pants nightmare
- Boeing earnings are good and getting better
- Google’s spending spree rattles Wall Street
- Twitter is profitable again and adding users
- Wine is about to get a lot more expensive
- Meet the new Gmail, now with disappearing messages
- Amazon unveils colorful Echo Dot for kids
- Here’s what Facebook won’t let you post
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow rises as Boeing results buoy stocks
- Amazon earnings: A big surprise could be in store
- Apple CEO Tim Cook meets Trump at White House
- GM adding 700 workers at SUV plant in Tennessee
- Retirees will likely be disappointed with their Social Security checks
- Lowered expectations may be in order, survey findings indicate.
- Airbnb could save US government $4.1B in decade, company says
- Amazon, Google trading suspended on NYSE, proceeding elsewhere
- General Electric liquidation would be a ‘fool’s errand’: Bob Wright
- GM earnings under pressure as sales cool off
- Virgin America has flown its final flight
- Former GE CEOs Welch, Immelt trashed at annual meeting
- Mnuchin, IRS urge you to check your paycheck
- Huawei said to face federal probe over Iran sanctions compliance
- After tax overhaul, mortgage interest deductions seen plummeting
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,639.40 +4.84(+0.18%)
Dow 30 24,083.83 +59.70(+0.25%)
Nasdaq 7,003.74 -3.62(-0.05%)
Russell 2000 1,550.47 -2.81(-0.18%)
Crude Oil 68.04 +0.34(+0.50%)
Gold 1,324.80 -8.20(-0.62%)
Silver 16.53 -0.17(-1.01%)
EUR/USD 1.217 -0.0063(-0.52%)
10-Yr Bond 3.02 +0.04(+1.37%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
- “A bill put forth by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., aims to make loans more affordable by offering retail banking services at the U.S. Postal Service,” says CNBC.
- The proposal opens questions as to how the loans will be paid for and serviced.
- While the odds this year on this passing would be low, what happens after the midterms could change the calculus on a bill like this in the future.
- Its one for manufactured housing pros to watch. Gillibrand’s logic on this bill, could it extend to manufactured home loans later?
- The legislation, called the Postal Banking Act, would make retail banking services available at all U.S. Postal Service locations. That amounts to 30,000 post offices nationwide.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.