A new Reuters Ipsos poll tells the Daily Business News that the top two issues for most voters in the approaching midterms will be employment and immigration. Even as the long-awaited tariffs between the U.S. and China both kicked in today, a series of positive jobs data sparked a rise in the markets. These will be part of our evening ‘what’s driving the market’ snapshot.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Driving the Subaru 360, one of the worst cars ever sold in America
- Adidas’ vision for the future: Personalization, fast
- ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ caps off Marvel’s blockbuster year
- Sonos warns about trade war as it prepares to go public
- Another strong jobs report. Here’s why unemployment jumped
- Winklevoss twins’ cryptocurrency firm hires NYSE executive
- Samsung’s run of record profits fizzles out
- Can Chinese smartphone giant Xiaomi survive a trade war?
- Having more control over your data doesn’t mean it’s safe
- Airbus CEO: The UK has ‘no clue’ on Brexit
- Brexit nightmare is coming true for business
- Boeing and Brazil’s Embraer form $4.75 billion commercial jet venture
- MoviePass rolls out surge pricing
- Trump calls journalists ‘bad people’ at rally a week after newsroom shooting
- Even the gig economy has a wage gap
- The wage gap starts earlier than you might think
- Global employment is rising. Salaries not so much
- China’s ZTE names new CEO as it races to meet US demands
- Air India now flies to ‘Chinese Taipei,’ not Taiwan
- Singapore says Uber may have to unwind merger with rival
- Is this the future of home renovation?
- Amazon could radically change how you get prescriptions
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Why higher unemployment signals a strengthening economy
- June jobs growth jumps with 213K jobs added
- US stock market gaining, despite US-China trade war
- Jobs report could signal a ‘stampede’ back into the workforce
- Hilsenrath on jobs: It’s a good report, economy is on solid footing
- ‘Ghosting’ – what it is, what it means for US economy
- Tariffs on Chinese goods now in effect
- Why didn’t many retirees see a Social Security increase?
- IRS may deny 362,000 Americans passports for unpaid taxes
- Texas gas stations to pay back customers for Hurricane Harvey price-gouging
- Musk sends engineers to help Thai boys trapped in cave
- Sonos files for IPO
- Micron vs. China: A battle hitting America’s heartland
- Biogen shares surge on positive results of Alzheimer’s drug test
- Ford, GM assess China tariff impact on prices
- Why AT&T could become the next online advertising giant
- Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Friday: Biogen Inc., up $58.67 to $357.48
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The Drudge Report mined the following headlines today.
- RECORD 155,576,000 EMPLOYED…
- DEMS BLAST ‘RECKLESS’ JOBS BOOM…
- JUNE: +213,000…
- MANUFACTURING: +36,000…
- FLASH: Hispanic Unemployment Rate Falls to LOWEST LEVEL…
James Carville’s famous line, “it’s the economy, stupid.” is the counterpoint to his equally infamous, and prejudicial “trailer park” line. It’s a classic example of the necessity for discernment, for sifting the wheat from the chaff that MHProNews believes is essential for understanding the industry’s realities today.
Publicly traded manufactured home producers routinely point in their quarterly and/or annual reports how rising employment and rising pay are good for new home sales. Duh, of course, right?
The latest Reuters Ipsos poll could, of course, shift between now and the midterms. But the two hot topics, according to other polls, tell us these are issues that should play well for President Donald J. Trump and his party’s partisans.
For those who watch a Trump rally with an open mind, it has a similar feel to the ones in 2016, with one key difference. Then, those rallies were about promises being made. Now, they are about the results of promises being kept.
Workers and most businesses alike have reason to smile. The anti-Trump resistance isn’t giving up. It will be an interesting, perhaps historic ride to the midterms.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.